Supporting Member
Reaction score
Secretariat

Release Date: October 8, 2010
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Randall Wallace
Screenwriter: Mike Rich
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: PG (for brief mild language)

Starring: Diane Lane, John Malkovich, Dylan Walsh, Scott Glenn, Dylan Baker, Margo Martindale, Nelsan Ellis, Otto Thorwarth, Fred Thompson, AJ Michalka, Kevin Connolly, Eric Lange, James Cromwell

Plot Summary: Based on the remarkable true story, "Secretariat" chronicles the spectacular journey of the 1973 Triple Crown winner. Housewife and mother Penny Chenery (Diane Lane) agrees to take over her ailing father's Virginia-based Meadow Stables, despite her lack of horse-racing knowledge. Against all odds, Chenery--with the help of veteran trainer Lucien Laurin (John Malkovich)--manages to navigate the male-dominated business, ultimately fostering the first Triple Crown winner in 25 years and what may be the greatest racehorse of all time.

You must be registered for see images attach

AZZenny

Reaction score
Me too. He was a once-in-a-lifetime thrill, one of the greatest racehorses ever. He had the biggest haunches I'd ever seen on a thoroughbred; some people swore there'd been some kind of German hunter blood introduced on his dam's side.

I see the movie is getting some initial positive reviews.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me too. He was a once-in-a-lifetime thrill, one of the greatest racehorses ever. He had the biggest haunches I'd ever seen on a thoroughbred; some people swore there'd been some kind of German hunter blood introduced on his dam's side.

I see the movie is getting some initial positive reviews.

I think you'll appreciate this: I spent one summer living near Lexington, KY. One day my husband and I were talking with some of the locals in a small cafe and I mentioned my love for that horse. Someone came up to us and invited us to come privately to the farm where Secretariat is buried. It was a message that we'd been accepted by the pretty closed society of horse breeders and lovers in that area. That horse is REVERED in Bluegrass country.

Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a very good movie. I just hope it's not a remake of Seabiscuit.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like a very good movie. I just hope it's not a remake of Seabiscuit.

Can't be. Secretariat wasn't the problem child Seabiscuit was. And he didn't have t overcome as many hurdles. Big Red was bread to be a champion and he didn't disappoint. I'll watch this movie but to me, it's not much of a story. I'd love to see a movie about the Affirmed/Alydar rivalry or on Cigar or even John Henry. Cigar's story is similar to Seabiscuit as he was a castaway and ended up being one hell of a horse.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn