Season Tickets question

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a couple questions on obtaining season tickets for the Cards home games.
To start of, I still live in New York so I am looking to the future. My wife and I are planning on moving to Arizona in four years to retire and would like to get season tickets. I know the general answer will be "you should call the Cardinals office to find out", but thought some on here may have some thoughts / info/ ideas. Wondering if I should sign up to be on the list now or would you think we would be able to obtain them when we get out there. We only would need two season tickets, so would there be a chance of obtaining anything in the lower levels.....or are only 400 level going to be available? Does the parking come as part of the ticket price, or is that an additional fee?
If I were to get on the list, and be offered tickets, how difficult would it be to sell them (at face value)so I wouldn't have to eat them. ( I know location would make a difference on ability to sell)
Thank you for any insight on this idea, and am open to suggestions and/or ideas. Thanks
Pete

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Well, the best thing to do would be to call the Cardinals ticket office but...I dont know if there is actually a wait list any more. I would guess that putting your name in a year early would cover you. I don't like your chances of getting lower level seats. They offer us existing season ticket holders the chance to either move down or add tickets before moving on to the public.

Parking is included in the price but I think the lot assignment is by senority. I am in one of the lots at the stadium (orange) so I don't pay attention to that.

I wouldn't know about selling the tickets.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, you probably don't need to bother with the wait list until maybe the year before you move out. After this season and baring some kind of draft or FA luck the Cards will probably be mediocre for a few years. Like Hollywood said, there's probably no more wait list.

I'm in the orange lot as well and am not sure how far out STH parking expands past the two main lots on the east and west sides.

You might be able to get lower level seats, but they might be in the corners or endzones. Not everyone can afford to upgrade at renewal.

Reselling will depend on the game and seats.

OP
OP
gamebird98

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was actually hoping for lower...corner endzone. On the seat map, they are the darker blue tickets. We bought seats for the Christmas game against the Cowboys a few years back...sat in section 113....very happy with those seats.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've had a pair since the new stadium opened in '06. We were in 114 in the lower bowl, in what turned out to be one of the "no alcohol" family sections. Figured this out just as we were finalizing the initial transaction on the phone (it was new to the ticket dude too - new stadium and all). Decided that was fine, I don't drink during games anyways. Turned out well - less jackwagons to contend with, especially when the Raiders or Cowboys are in town. 2 years ago we decided to upgrade, and moved to section 110, on the 35 yard line. It was as simple as a phone call, and I got the impression that plenty of good seats were available to move to. Also, both around me now, and before we moved, a ton of the seats were not "owned" by ST holders, but were being sold individually each week. Methinks either brokers or even the team itself was pushing those seats.

I think you'd like the lower corners. We were 32 rows up and it seemed like a perfect spot, as corners go.

I personally think the season ticket wait list was always a fraud. Never heard of anyone not being able to get them, or move to a desired area. But I could be full of ****, wouldn't be the first time.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There's still a wait list after last year (cancelled my tickets after moving back to Vegas for a few years, realized I was still spending the same amount of money I'd be spending on tickets to buy them from StubHub, especially for big games), except in the case of Club Seats, which they're basically desperate to sell, and will push you to immediate tickets. Unfortunately there's a club contract basically, so you're going to be locked in for 2-3 years if you buy there. I would like to move down to the lower bowl ideally, but I'm stuck in the club section on the "waiting list" for another year. So keep that in mind.

I believe you can be on the waiting list and defer your spot in line essentially, meaning you let the next person behind you go in front until you're in Phoenix, but I'm not 100% sure about that. However, I'm pretty sure your spot on the list is non-transferrable, so you can't sell it off on eBay or to a friend.

As far as selling the tickets goes if you are on the list and make the ticket purchase, it really depends on the game. I've had games where I've had to eat a significant chunk of the ticket cost, and games where I could have sold the tickets and paid for the entire season (Typically your Cowboys, Steelers, Seahawks, Green Bay games, maybe Denver). Unfortunately, preseason tickets are full price, and those are almost impossible to get rid of.

Parking is included, but I'm not 100% sure how it's assigned. When I first got my tickets when the stadium opened, I'd been a season ticket holder in SDS, so I ended up with Orange. When I added another ticket to my account in 2007, that came with a Blue parking pass. Now I'm in Blue again with my tickets.

Hope that helped!

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have season tickets in sec 121, lower endzone, have had them since 1994. Last year I got on the waitlist in hopes to getting 2 additional tickets, when it came time for me to choose there were only upper level seats available, so I declined and remained on the waitlist, so that is an option. This year I asked to relocate a pair of upper level tickets on my account to the lower level by our other four. I was able to do this. When I was speaking to the rep about the relocation, I asked what she thought my chances were of getting lower tickets this year from being on the waitlist and she said not very good. You may want to think about getting on the waitlist now, so when you do move you'll have a better position. If you 100% sure you'll be getting tickets, the non-refundable deposit isn't an issue.

As for selling the tickets, there are games that you can make a killing and others that if you miss you'll have to either give them away or sell for a loss. Most of the time you should be able to get at least your money back if you can not go.

Parking seems to be assigned by what is available at the time, everyone that I known that has started season tickets in the last few years have received passes in some of the less desirable lots, yellow, purple, etc. One of my friends found a guy on craigslist that traded her a better lot for her yellow passes plus cash, so that is always an option. Also when you do get tickets after you get your assigned lot, call you're rep and see if there is any other lots available. I had this work personally for me and I know someone else that was able to switch passes, but others I know have tried for 2 or 3 years with no success. I think it depends on who you happen to talk to and what happens to be around when you call.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave