Sean Kugler Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We've always sucked at football, but at least I used to feel like we were the good guys, so to speak. We didn't win, but we had guys who gave back to the community and seemed genuinely nice.

I don't root for anyone on this team right now. What a classless organization, from top to bottom. DUI's, assaults, this is a good 'ol boys club full of ********.

(Edit: No wonder Larry didn't want to officially retire and thank the old man for his bags of money; explains so much of why he didn't want to give Bidwill and the Cardinals the spectacle they were hoping for)

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes, 4 years ago people had hope that Kingsbury would work. Just like 4 years ago people had hope that Kyler was going to a top NFL QB. 4 years later, nobody is claiming either of this things are true that I can see. If people were still spouting this nonsense I get why it would be mentioned in every thread but nobody is and it shouldn't be.
I'm definitely still a little bitter for seeing all of this coming and getting kicked for it for years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, there's no common thread. Only a lunatic would think there was a common thread between a position coach accused of DV hundreds of miles away in the off season, a no mark RB getting cut for bawling out a coach and Kugler groping a woman in Mexico.

Complete lunacy to think that the place these people work had some effect on their personal decisions.
This is delusional.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
So theoretically we just need a woman (or two women) to accuse Keim and Kingsbury of allegedly groping them…then the team can simply fire them with no investigation or anything. Solves some of our problems right there.
I was hoping they’d find some e-mails between Michael Bidwill and Bruce Allen….

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess he groped a woman in Mexico.

Apparent speculation is it was an employee or guest at the team hotel. They said the team was informed by authorities in mexico, sort of sounds like there was video based on the Cardinals reaction.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's kind of his thing... At least he is consistent.

My thing is trying to be realistic and counter some of the absolutely ludicrous opinions and invented narratives on this board.

I mean, someone suggested Kugler might have been fired because he wasn't down for getting drunk and partying...

We have @kerouac9 here suggesting Hollywood just being in camp a week (if that) somehow induced him to speed. That the Cardinals mojo is so bad that that just being in the building for 5 days or so "turned" him into a law breaking speed demon.

Or that despite an unblemished 30 year career in coaching, including 3.5 years at the Cardinals, the evil in the brickwork finally got to Kugler. Maybe they confiscated his Crucifix at customs? After over 3 years of valiantly fighting the bad mojo he finally succumbed. Maybe he can use it in his defense? "It wasn't me judge. It was the evil spirits".

Or maybe all these things are completely unrelated incidents? Like Willie Gay being arrested, Frank Clark getting a 2 game ban for a weapons arrest, Chris Lammons getting arrested with Alvin Kamara and Britt Reid nearly killing a kid while drunk driving. I guess the Chiefs must have a terrible culture.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My thing is trying to be realistic and counter some of the absolutely ludicrous opinions and invented narratives on this board.

I mean, someone suggested Kugler might have been fired because he wasn't down for getting drunk and partying...

We have @kerouac9 here suggesting Hollywood just being in camp a week (if that) somehow induced him to speed. That the Cardinals mojo is so bad that that just being in the building for 5 days or so "turned" him into a law breaking speed demon.

Or that despite an unblemished 30 year career in coaching, including 3.5 years at the Cardinals, the evil in the brickwork finally got to Kugler. Maybe they confiscated his Crucifix at customs? After over 3 years of valiantly fighting the bad mojo he finally succumbed. Maybe he can use it in his defense? "It wasn't me judge. It was the evil spirits".

Or maybe all these things are completely unrelated incidents? Like Willie Gay being arrested, Frank Clark getting a 2 game ban for a weapons arrest, Chris Lammons getting arrested with Alkin Kamara and Britt Reid nearly killing a kid while drunk driving. I guess the Chiefs must have a terrible culture.
I never liked the argument
"In the other places is even worse to minimize a failure"
It will help if the organization instead of hiding every dirty stuff would be more clear and honest, cause news comes pretty quickly and then it just get worse
The way they operate in 2022 is beyond pathetic
Its a mix of things regarding the organization culture that are frustrating the fans
Inside and outside the field
Lack of leadership, lack of discipline, incompetence in the top
Arizona fans are too respectful for the sh.tshow they have to bear constantly

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Or maybe all these things are completely unrelated incidents? Like Willie Gay being arrested, Frank Clark getting a 2 game ban for a weapons arrest, Chris Lammons getting arrested with Alkin Kamara and Britt Reid nearly killing a kid while drunk driving. I guess the Chiefs must have a terrible culture.
The chiefs do have a problematic culture. They have for a long time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm definitely still a little bitter for seeing all of this coming and getting kicked for it for years.
I get it and feel I can relate a bit. That said, people can go back without the superlatives that are now universally debunked.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The chiefs do have a problematic culture. They have for a long time.

They seem to be doing ok. So either their "culture" is fine or it doesn't matter.

Or maybe the team culture and things that happen off field away from the team are two completely unrelated things.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Don’t know how many of you travel abroad regularly for work, but sometimes behavior like this is premeditated….

At least I have come to that conclusion in my line of work.

Several years ago I was embarked on a ship that was doing a tour of South and Central America. It was a ship with a lot of new technology so we had original equipment manufacturer “tech assist” riders onboard.

Typically when we go overseas we have a buddy system when you leave the ship - to protect our sailors…. and often it is to protect them from themselves. The sailors are normally kept in check via peer pressure and the acute understanding that if you screw up, your career is over. The contractors…. Not so much….

At our 2nd port visit outside of the US (the first was Cuba… so nothing was going to happen there) one of these techs apparently chased one of his fantasies. He left the ship with a buddy, ditched the buddy at a bar, and fulfilled an asphyxiation fantasy with an underaged male prostitute. The prostitute became fearful for his life while engaged in various acts and notified the police.

When faced with “what do I do?” after getting the call from the local law enforcement and the embassy, my only options were to put this person’s personal items in a box, deliver it to the embassy and do an all hands with everyone else ensuring it didn’t happen again.

There is nothing on my ship that could have prevented this… short of restricting “liberty call.” We had a solid culture. We had adequate training and processes in place to mitigate bad behaviors (buddy system, restricted areas in the city, curfew, etc), but sometime people will do what they will do.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New information? I hadn't seen/heard this before:

Article on CBS Sports:
The Arizona Cardinals fired offensive line/run game coordinator Sean Kugler after he allegedly groped a female member of a hotel's security team in Mexico City, multiple sources tell CBS Sports.

Also, apropos what someone suggested earlier:
When NFL teams travel to Mexico City, they're normally told to stay in and around the team hotel out of safety concerns. The Cardinals, sources say, were encouraged to do the same while being able to walk among a group of hotels.
...dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose