Seahawks or 49ers this weekend

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You've got to have the Niners lose...need to start eliminating teams that can be there at the end. I'd rather roll against Seattle's defense again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
GREAT POST.

And I miss you at tailgates sir! Don't be a stranger around these parts!
Yes sir, ran into him in New England a few years ago, after first meeting him in st louis, and was happy to see Dr Seth in baltimore.

Ah yes, that memorable victory in New England! Looking forward to seeing you guys on the road again soon. Was hoping to close out my 32nd and final franchise with a drive to Seattle this season, but looks like it’ll have to wait at least until 2021.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
SF.

Seattle will always be a tougher opponent because Jimmy G is nothing compared to Russ.

Get the Seahawks as many loses as possible.

If our final playoff game came down to facing either SF or Seattle, I'd take SF for the same reason given by Wanderer. It was RW who almost beat us single-handed with his passing. With the injuries on SF, I think our offense stands a better chance of outscoring the SF offense. Maybe not the next time around with Seattle be it regular season or playoff time.

We really miss Chandler Jones---we used to punish RW with several sacks a game. I think we had two when VJ started taking a chance on D.

JG is not at the level of RW.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
49ers.

A few reasons:
1. Seattle has a better record
2. We have a road win in hand against SF
3. SF has lost a lot of talent since we beat them in SF
4. Seattle is a better team and projects to be better the rest of the year
5. A home playoff game is very valuable; we should try to win the division
6. We have tiebreaker now with division record

ETA: Seattle losing also increases our bye equity, which is also massive.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Ah yes, that memorable victory in New England! Looking forward to seeing you guys on the road again soon. Was hoping to close out my 32nd and final franchise with a drive to Seattle this season, but looks like it’ll have to wait at least until 2021.
We're standing on 21, 22 if you count both SDS and the toaster. Saving seattle and san Fran for a year that we don't play anyone we haven't seen. Still holding out hope for a game this year tho.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Niners are a better all around team when healthy. Both are plenty tough for us. But since we get Niners at home yet, I will root for them to beat the seahawks.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
That's like asking which ex do you want meeting your wife. I'm gonna say (while throwing up alittle) the 9ers,
With the new playoff system we could potentially have 3 teams from our division in the playoffs... crazy

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Go Hags. I think the Niners losing helps our playoff odds

A Niners loss keeps us up on them plus the tie breaker. I seriously think an NFC team will win 10 games & miss the playoffs like we did a few years back, plus it separates the pack in our division just a little more.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the new playoff system we could potentially have 3 teams from our division in the playoffs... crazy
With the PREVIOUS playoff system (two wild cards per conference) and alignment, it was not only possible to have three teams from the same division in the playoffs... it happened 7 times! *

With the CURRENT system, we could potentially have ALL FOUR teams from the NFC West in the playoffs, which would be unprecedented!

(And with the OLD alignment of three divisions and three wild cards per conference, twice there were four teams from the same 5-team division in the playoffs!) **

...dave

2006-07 NFC East
2007-08 AFC South, NFC East
2011-12 NFC North
2013-14 AFC West
2014-15 AFC North
2017-18 NFC South

1994-95 NFC Central
1997-98 NFC Central

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Much might depends on if Carson can play. If not they only have a 4th round rookie at RB and the Seahawks could be even more pass happy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Niners are playing better football right now, but hard to imagine the Seahags losing 2 straight.