Screensbury's weekly meeting with Bidwill.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I heard a clip yesterday from coach bro talking about his weekly meeting with Bidwill, I didn't even know this is & has been going on. To me I thought these meetings take place right after the season ends, not weekly. He says that he goes over game film from the previous game ( I assume Keim is also there?) tells him what went wrong, what was supposed to happen on plays & how it can be fixed. This sounds to me like he covers his ass in the meetings & throws the blame on whichever player screws up? Now he has injuries that he can blame (what team doesn't?) also to make excuses for his east/west screen offense. I never root for the Cardinals to lose, never will but as long as we stay halfway competitive & don't get blown out the rest of the way, then sadly enough I think Bidwill will believe his meetings excuses & he'll remain the coach. I hate it when we lose, it makes me sick but maybe the silver lining of losing could be that his ass is canned. I think he's a good guy, just in over his head in the NFL & he's stubborn to do different things.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard a clip yesterday from coach bro talking about his weekly meeting with Bidwill, I didn't even know this is & has been going on. To me I thought these meetings take place right after the season ends, not weekly. He says that he goes over game film from the previous game ( I assume Keim is also there?) tells him what went wrong, what was supposed to happen on plays & how it can be fixed. This sounds to me like he covers his ass in the meetings & throws the blame on whichever player screws up? Now he has injuries that he can blame (what team doesn't?) also to make excuses for his east/west screen offense. I never root for the Cardinals to lose, never will but as long as we stay halfway competitive & don't get blown out the rest of the way, then sadly enough I think Bidwill will believe his meetings excuses & he'll remain the coach. I hate it when we lose, it makes me sick but maybe the silver lining of losing could be that his ass is canned. I think he's a good guy, just in over his head in the NFL & he's stubborn to do different things.
This sounds more like Bidwill is taking inventory, as he has a critical decision looming on what to do with his freshly extended head coach.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
Arians met with him and Keim after every game too. Remember the show they did back than? I don’t remember the name but I do remember that. I guess Arians was a piece of **** too for doing that. Right?

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Arians met with him and Keim after every game too. Remember the show they did back than? I don’t remember the name but I do remember that. I guess Arians was a piece of **** too for doing that. Right?
Arians could coach, I'm saying nothing about KK being a pos, KK couldn't hold Arians jock strap.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the afternoon show, Bidwill meets and goes over the film with both Kliff and Vance during the week following every game. No mention of Keim.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yes and then Arians “retired” only come back to coaching a year later at which point he chose Jameis Winston over returning to this organization.

Makes one think

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yeah, but I think that only happened in the last season or (maybe) two. I was under the impression somehow that Bruce didn't like it.

Yes and then Arians “retired” only come back to coaching a year later at which point he chose Jameis Winston over returning to this organization.

Makes one think
It's amazing that people think that Arians left of his own accord or because he was really done with football. He had to be pushed off the sideline by the league this year after he was forced out again.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Arians not an easy employee to manage. But players would run through a wall for him (except douche TB12) and he wins. Most owners are just emotionally fragile egomaniacs who can’t handle someone who vocally doesn’t suffer their nonsense.

Bidwill in particular requires everyone at Hardy to kiss the ring. It’s why he’ll always be a loser.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what this says to me:

Bidwill doesn't trust Keim and wants to make his own evaluation.

If Mike is doing this, hasn't he already come to a conclusion on his GM?

Its rarely a good sign when your boss starts doing your job.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
what this says to me:

This is accurate however you need to know that Keim sticks around not because of his personnel acumen but to be the Bidwill family fixer around Hardy. For this reason he’ll always be a tough out. The Bidwill kids are spoiled losers who are afraid to get their hands dirty.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
what this says to me:

Your theory would have legs, except that Mike has done this across multiple coaches. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he's been in on meetings with KK and SK since day one of the hire. If he did it with BA, he likely did it with coaches before him as well.

Unless we know the context of how those sessions go, it's pure speculation to say it's just Mike meddling. He may very well just want to know how the plan is unfolding. Nobody has said that he gives actual feedback and suggestions.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Your theory would have legs, except that Mike has done this across multiple coaches. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he's been in on meetings with KK and SK since day one of the hire. If he did it with BA, he likely did it with coaches before him as well.

Unless we know the context of how those sessions go, it's pure speculation to say it's just Mike meddling. He may very well just want to know how the plan is unfolding. Nobody has said that he gives actual feedback and suggestions.
Mike thinks he is Jerry Jones despite not being close. He runs this franchise like it is his favorite toy which is why he meddles. Instead of hiring great people and letting them work, he goes for desperate people who will tolerate his pretending like he knows what he is doing.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Mike thinks he is Jerry Jones despite not being close. He runs this franchise like it is his favorite toy which is why he meddles. Instead of hiring great people and letting them work, he goes for desperate people who will tolerate his pretending like he knows what he is doing.
Sitting on daddy's lap and "steering"?

football karma

Reaction score
This is accurate however you need to know that Keim sticks around not because of his personnel acumen but to be the Bidwill family fixer around Hardy. For this reason he’ll always be a tough out. The Bidwill kids are spoiled losers who are afraid to get their hands dirty.
i dont doubt all of this is true

but, Mike fired Rod Graves, and i know on very good authority that it pained Mike B greatly to do it

In my career, I've seen lots of employees get way more slack in the rope than they deserved - but that slack gets taken up eventually

football karma

Reaction score
It was noted as seen on the All Or Nothing series.
in All or Nothing -- they showed the all hands meeting: Keim, Arians, but also Dalton (PR) and Minegar (Business Operations). They spoke generally about the team's performance

but did we see or hear of Mike watching film with Arians?

I have a hard time believing Arians would indulge that.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At least Jerry Jones is great at drafting, the amount of talent he has drafted over the years is truly impressive, he just can't coach to save his life. I mean hire coaches....LOL, joking of course because his HC's are just a title.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Being a well known student of the game I’m certain Bidwill provides useful suggestions and insight. In fact I’m surprised they didn’t use him to call plays when Kingsbury offered to step aside. It’s Bidwill’s attention to detail and careful study before he makes a decision can only be a major assist for the team. I’m certain Kingsbury has nothing better to do except maybe sit in front of his sunny windows and think how he suckered Bidwill into paying Kingsbury enough to pay for his house.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose