Schucky Ducky Quack Quack! Ducks Beat Sun Devils Tomorrow

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I find odd is that you would root against an AZ team. The day after Thanksgiving is the only day I hope the Wildcats lose.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I find odd is that you would root against an AZ team. The day after Thanksgiving is the only day I hope the Wildcats lose.

Eh, it never used to be this way.. UofA has always been my #1 team and always at least followed ASU since its an AZ team.. But the rivalry is so intense and ASU fans just feel obligated to say something nasty about UofA any chance they get, I gotta throw it back at em now..

I have friends that are ASU fans and its just good natured smack.. But the ASU fans I dont know really made me hate ASU when they insist on bad mouthing the Wildcats at the drop of a hat.. So I enjoy seeing the Devils lose so I can watch those ASU fans wallow in misery and so I can give back to the friends I have the crap they gave me.. :D

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, till I can officially brag.. And O will feel the wrath of all the antiWildcats talk he's been saying all season.. :D
;)

It sucks that they lost, but I didn't have a good feeling about this game all week.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU is on ESPN nationally and FSN.
ABC Gameday, a national feed, is there in Oregon for the game too. :wave:

Funny thing happened.. I switched to espn and they were showing the Rutgers game while ASU was playing Oregon..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the ASU fans I dont know really made me hate ASU when they insist on bad mouthing the Wildcats at the drop of a hat.. So I enjoy seeing the Devils lose so I can watch those ASU fans wallow in misery and so I can give back to the friends I have the crap they gave me.. :D

Funny, this is almost identical to why I don't like the Suns. The Suns fans I grew up with badmouthed the Lakers at the drop of a hat. All Suns fans still do. Heck, maybe I'd even like the Suns if the fans I grew up around weren't such hating bastards.

Oh well, that's the way things go. It's why I like one team from out of state, and you like one team from out of civilization.

I actually have no hate for UA (but I think Tucson is a couple levels above El Paso)...I like all three state schools plus USC (siblings went to school there) Nebraska (where I was born) and Notre Dame (because I'm catholic and it's like a law or something). I don't really care about college rivalries...I guess I would have if I went to a big time rivalry school...ASU was for my MBA, so it wasn't like I really cared about the sports team then and NAU has its rivals, but who cares about Weber State and such. I just like to see the AZ schools do well. Very happy to see the Cats win today.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny, this is almost identical to why I don't like the Suns. The Suns fans I grew up with badmouthed the Lakers at the drop of a hat. All Suns fans still do. Heck, maybe I'd even like the Suns if the fans I grew up around weren't such hating bastards.

Oh well, that's the way things go. It's why I like one team from out of state, and you like one team from out of civilization.

Oh hell no you dont..

You are not gonna compare this to your lakers..

1st of all.. College is different than pro sports.. Without using AZ, lets say someone wants to go to USC, but are denied but UCLA accepts them.. SO they then become a UCLA Bruin instead of their first choice.. They will then be a Bruin for life.. How many of us have a chance to be a Sun or a Laker? Ya, thats right, we dont dont..

Look at ASU or any college for tht matter.. Most of them arent even AZ residents.. They are from cold weather states like Minnesota and Wisconsin..

2nd, your lakers are not even in AZ.. Totally different in all this..

When I was a kid all AZ had for pro sports was basketball (Suns), and it became my favorite sport.. So when I found out about college sports and turned on the TV, and saw ARIZONA in blue and red across their chests, it became my favorite college team.. Why? Lets face it ASU was and never has been good at basketball and never was on for basketball.. It if had been, then ASU would be my team, because they would have been on TV and I would have seen them 1st.. Remember, basketball was my favorite sport at the time.. And by it saying Arizona on the jersey, it was over.. My mom was a Sun Devil fan.. She never made a fuss about it cuz she was the one that told me to be a home fan.. But she knew I was too young to understand colleges at the time I guess, and she bought me UofA for Xmas gifts.. As long as it was AZ..

To give more on that.. My moms from WI and wore Badgers and Sun Devils.. She supported them both.. I wear UofA as my number one team but wear UNC for basketball only cuz Jordan is my favorite bball player ever..

So now let my wrap this up in a nice lil package for you on two things I dont care for, ASU and Denver.. John Elways son is going to ASU while John is from Stanford.. We dont know exactly why cuz we aint in that house.. But college aint like the pro sports.. Never can be since the student populations aint naturally from the state they are in..

I started out being a UofA fan for basketball but never shy away from the football team and all its crappy history as football is now my favorite sport.. It does however say ARIZONA before it says Wildcats..

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only because they play their games in the "third world" part of the state. :D

Well in that case Tempe aint even AZ.. We should call it Little Midwest where good girls that dont wanna be a farmers daughter come to party and get knocked up.. It aint AZ either.. :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not here to defend Stoops.. lol.. Im here to expose Erickson when he actually has to play an above .500 team.. EXPOSED!

If the Devils had won - everyone would have been talking about what a great upset win it was. ASU, ranked 6th, on the road versus the 4th ranked Ducks? A lot of us were worried about this game. Most of us never expected 8-0 or 9-1 with a new coach and the expected rebuilding that comes with major changes at the top. I'll take it. Best college football team in the state and tied record-wise for best in the division? Yeah, it's rough. :D

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Devils had won - everyone would have been talking about what a great upset win it was. ASU, ranked 6th, on the road versus the 4th ranked Ducks? A lot of us were worried about this game. Most of us never expected 8-0 or 9-1 with a new coach and the expected rebuilding that comes with major changes at the top. I'll take it. Best college football team in the state and tied record-wise for best in the division? Yeah, it's rough. :D

Correction.. ASU was ranked 4th and the Ducks ranked 5th.. Dont know how that would be an upset..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hell no you dont..

You are not gonna compare this to your lakers..

Too bad, because I did. And it is exactly the same scenario you described in the first post I quoted. If not for ***** Suns fans (me) or ***** ASU fans (you) I/you would probably like the Suns/ASU.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad, because I did. And it is exactly the same scenario you described in the first post I quoted. If not for ***** Suns fans (me) or ***** ASU fans (you) I/you would probably like the Suns/ASU.

I think its slightly differnt.. You had a dad in AZ that didnt let go of his lakers that turned you on to it.. While my moms moved me here from WI and told me flat out support your home team no matter what and set the example..

So ya, I think there is a difference..

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its slightly differnt.. You had a dad in AZ that didnt let go of his lakers that turned you on to it.. While my moms moved me here from WI and told me flat out support your home team no matter what and set the example..

So ya, I think there is a difference..

That's somewhat of the difference, I'd agree. However, both my mom and dad also liked the Suns. I could have easily cheered for the Suns at least as a 1b team, but the attitudes of people I grew up on completely soured me on the franchise...to the point where I'll never cheer for them.

I thought it funny that when you were describing WHY you didn't like ASU, it was almost the same reason why the Suns weren't my 1b team. And I think I'm being kind of petty and dumb about it, but I'll never change. The 89-90 playoff series was the icing on the cake.

I was just giving you some crap, anyway. :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilcats suck. Glendale Sucks.

back to the cards forum for me....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson