Same 'Ole Sun Devils

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Craig Bray needs to be fired, he has no idea how to call a competent defense. He plays cover 2-3 99% of the time which always results in easy runs and completions. His conservate play calling led to asu losing, good job Bray.

I don't know. I'm watching UNC right now after watching ASU last night, and the only player I see on ASU's defense that would play on UNC's defense is Burfict.

IMO ASU doesn't have much talent defensively. ASU severely lacks speed on defense, which is why Franklin could run with impunity.

Last edited:

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I'm an ASU alum and a Sun Devil fan all the way back to the Frank Kush era, however, it bothers me that ASU lets Missouri (I don't care if they are ranked) come to Sun Devil Stadium and score 30 points against a veteran team with I believe a freshman QB. I have great respect for Missouri but this lack of dominance by the ASU defense was very disappointing. ASU had the fans and the home field advantage and yet could have lost the game if Missouri hits a 48 yard FG in regulation play. If the ASU defense cannot step up, losses will surely follow. It's sad because ASU has all the tools offensively to be an outstanding team.

Lets not forget the game could have not gone to OT if Garoutte didnt miss the 48 yarder in the first quarter or the extra point. The what if road is 2 ways.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Hey guys, we won. The hype about the Blackout also gave us a packed house. It was an extremely successful night. I won't apologize for close wins after all those that we lost last year. I can understand being cautious after the last three seasons, but this is ridiculous how negative some of you all are.

There was also an article out that explained how much the coaching staff focused on discipline during the offseason. The effort is being made...we'll see how it goes with a pretty good test on the road next week. If we learn to wrap up on our tackles, I'm pretty confident we come back home 3-0. I'll take it.

Btw, this was by far the best game I've ever attended. The student section and the entire stadium was better than I have seen it. We finally were able to make big plays, something that hasn't been seen in quite a while. And I think there's a lot to be said about winning a game this close when we were so bad at it last year. The injuries we have really hurt, but I expect improvement as the season goes along. We have good depth on D, and it seems our offense can be something special as well. I'm going to enjoy the top 20 ranking.

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
There was also an article out that explained how much the coaching staff focused on discipline during the offseason. The effort is being made...

Bologna. Ericksons teams all the way back have had discipline issues, its not going to magically change now. He doesn't emphasize it, so it doesn't happen.

Good in game example: Mike Willie gets a huge personal foul that costs ASU a potential TD drive. Does he sit the rest of the game? Even the rest of the half? Nope! He's talented, so he plays. Does Erickson scold him and chew him out on the sideline? Nope. He ******* at the Ref, who made the right call.

If Erickson spent half the time chewing out his bonehead players that he does with the refs, this team would be a lot more disciplined. To be disciplined you must discipline players, that is, punish them for playing that way. There is zero deterrent on Ericksons teams for playing that way, you know if you're physically gifted you can play like a jag off as much as you want, you'll be in on the next series.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I'll just assume the players lied about their practices then for no good reason...haha. I hear what you're saying though. We'll see how we handle Illinois. This will be the big test as far as penalties are concerned.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard