Salmon Patties

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Or croquettes or whatever.

I am making them tonight but I have a choice between canned salmon or the foil salmon. I've used canned but they are $6 each, the salmon in the foil is $2.75 for the same size.

Anybody use either of these for salmon patties?

Anybody have a recipe they wanna share with me?

I don't have one but I googled one and found a recipe from Rachel Ray.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I haven't ever made salmon thingies, but have used both types in salads, long ago, and I prefer the foil packages flavor-wise. However, the canned is a little fishier-tasting, I think, and usually wetter, so that may be better for patties.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or croquettes or whatever.

I am making them tonight but I have a choice between canned salmon or the foil salmon. I've used canned but they are $6 each, the salmon in the foil is $2.75 for the same size.

Anybody use either of these for salmon patties?

Anybody have a recipe they wanna share with me?

I don't have one but I googled one and found a recipe from Rachel Ray.

Costco has frozen Salmon burgers that are pretty tasty.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The costco ones are AWESOME! Great salmon burgers.

Not pricey given they are 12 to a pack, and wild caught salmon (as opposed to farm raised..check the price on that).

It's around $14-$16 at our Costco. With our 5 person fam (little ones, ya know) that's 3 meals..so we are talking around 5 bucks per family meal.

But yea bro....SOOO good on the grill.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The costco ones are AWESOME! Great salmon burgers.

Not pricey given they are 12 to a pack, and wild caught salmon (as opposed to farm raised..check the price on that).

It's around $14-$16 at our Costco. With our 5 person fam (little ones, ya know) that's 3 meals..so we are talking around 5 bucks per family meal.

But yea bro....SOOO good on the grill.

Wait wait wait? Family of five? Am I missing someone? You, Wifey, Faith and Dante right?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you people have something against hamburgers or something?

Sheesh! the grassfed ground beef from Costco is excellent. Not sure how much it costs. Who cares, it is good.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you people have something against hamburgers or something?

Sheesh! the grassfed ground beef from Costco is excellent. Not sure how much it costs. Who cares, it is good.

I love beef. But just isnt good for you.

My last 3 physicals everything has been perfect. Except my uric acid levels have steadily increased. So the doctor put me on notice for gout. Told me I should limit my red meat intake to no more than once a month. So you have to try and find alternatives. Salmon patties from Costco is a great alternative.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love beef. But just isnt good for you.

My last 3 physicals everything has been perfect. Except my uric acid levels have steadily increased. So the doctor put me on notice for gout. Told me I should limit my red meat intake to no more than once a month. So you have to try and find alternatives. Salmon patties from Costco is a great alternative.
Yes it is. No real studies have shown that it is bad for you. Can't link it to heart disease. All of bunch of marketing for "whole grains" and chicken.

Guess what they feed cows to fatten them up in feed lots? Whole grains.

:)
My levels are all poifect.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. No real studies have shown that it is bad for you. Can't link it to heart disease. All of bunch of marketing for "whole grains" and chicken.

Guess what they feed cows to fatten them up in feed lots? Whole grains.

:)
My levels are all poifect.

I dont not eat it because of "heart disease" it because of my uric acid levels. :mulli:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, I thought you meant it is not good for me when you said beef "just isn't good for you."
Just like a lawyer to take something out of context for the sake of being contrary :p

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like a lawyer to take something out of context for the sake of being contrary :p
words can hurt. I spend about 10 seconds on that post. Your smilie doesn't lessen the pain. Hope you feel better about yourself.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
words can hurt. I spend about 10 seconds on that post. Your smilie doesn't lessen the pain. Hope you feel better about yourself.
I'm not smiling--I'm sticking my tongue out at you! :mulli:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm not smiling--I'm sticking my tongue out at you! :mulli:
Enough with the hit and run smileys ok Linder? Gawd, so insensitive.

Is it bad that I've never eaten a burger made out of anything but cows? I shall have to try these Costco burgers, I was going to go there anyway to pick up some black kirkland t-shirts...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enough with the hit and run smileys ok Linder? Gawd, so insensitive.

Is it bad that I've never eaten a burger made out of anything but cows? I shall have to try these Costco burgers, I was going to go there anyway to pick up some black kirkland t-shirts...
:dcr:

OP
OP
L

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Ended up using the salmon from the foil package. The mayo, lemon juice, and eggs gave it enough moisture. I seasoned the salmon with red bell pepper, cayenne pepper, Louisiana hot sauce, lemon juice, salt n pepper, green onion, and unseason bread crumbs before balling them up and rolling them in cornmeal. Put them in a fry pan with a little bit of oil and flattened them out and cooked them until each side until brown and crispy.

Turned out be a good meal.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'S all right my man.

BTW, I'm grilling up these salmon burgers right now.

Thanks for forgiving me. I feel like crap for that. Should remembered that. :sad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson