Saints at Cardinals gameday thread 10-20-22

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Also some signs of some really mystifying stuff

He's never going to be perfect @Shane, but he made enough plays tonight for us to win, and that has to be good enough.

100 QB rating. No turnovers. Rushed effectively.

Not saying he shouldn't strive for better, but if it accompanies a W, it's good enough. Okay? Agree?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I noticed Kyler had to correct Dhop on multiple occasions telling him where to line up…. Clearly rusty but still a great game.

Sure wish we had Hollywood too.
1 drop, and 2 bad passes out of the 14 targets. Without a real week of practice. Hopkins elevates the team.

Agree about Hollywood. Still need a vertical threat. Cant count on this offense yet to be consistent. Need a quick strike drive every now and then. That way Rondale can just focus on the slot.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
1 drop, and 2 bad passes out of the 14 targets. Without a real week of practice. Hopkins elevates the team.

Agree about Hollywood. Still need a vertical threat. Cant count on this offense yet to be consistent. Need a quick strike drive every now and then. That way Rondale can just focus on the slot.
We’ve got guys who can get deep! But we stick dink & dunked most of the night. I want to see at least 2 deep balls every single game to try & put fear into a defense

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yesterday the offense was not pretty even with the great addition of Hopkins
Kk is lost, keep calling same plays ain't working at all, and the red zone fiasco continues
Murray willing to run is a good thing but he regressed a bit his accuracy this year, even easy throws force the receivers not making easy catches, deep throws are rarely used but the few called never worked
I hope with Hopkins back he regain some confidence and show his great arm talent again

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's never going to be perfect @Shane, but he made enough plays tonight for us to win, and that has to be good enough.

100 QB rating. No turnovers. Rushed effectively.

Not saying he shouldn't strive for better, but if it accompanies a W, it's good enough. Okay? Agree?

I've only watched extended highlights, not the whole game and first off I'll say great win. We needed that. 3-4 feels a hell of a lot better than 2-5.

I'll also say Kyler made some throws that he hasn't been making recently. The fade on the out route to Nuk and the throw on the run to Moore stood out. He also threaded a nice pass to Ertz on the 2 pointer.

At the same time he only had 204 yards. Although the was probably affected by being up and Kliff running the clock and trying to limit turnovers. He held the ball a few times to take sacks and big losses when he could have throw the ball away. And he only completed 2 passes to wide receivers not called Hopkins.

But his YPA went over 7 for the first time this year, just. Which is a step in the right direction.

It was better overall. Let's hope it's a step in the right direction.

I think the fact that AJ Green was suited up but didn't play a single snap tells you all you need to know about his future prospects.

It was an odd game won in moments rather than overall performance.

Last edited: