Ryan Williams signs

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
kentsomers Kent Somers
Ryan Williams' agent. RT @malikshareef: Taking @lilsweetness34 to the airport in the morning. No deal yet, but he'll be there when it is.
25 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have my loyalties to our backs already on the roster but I really really like this guy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my loyalties to our backs already on the roster but I really really like this guy.

Time to switch your loyalties. You don't want to wait until this guy runs for 180 yards in our Super Bowl win to jump on the bandwagon - get on now.:)

Steve

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Time to switch your loyalties. You don't want to wait until this guy runs for 180 yards in our Super Bowl win to jump on the bandwagon - get on now.:)

Steve
I've been on it amigo, like a fat chick on nutri-system. I was one of the few in here saying we might go runningback in the draft, my theory was Beanie's mouth and Timmy's drops. I like all three and the Hyphen too, but Williams gives us that threat. Plus every time Beaine was in the game, the other team keyed on him. I have no idea what to expect at the RB position this year, but if we run it at least 40% of the time, I don't care (as of right now) who carries it when. :)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
HMM

THT had 153 carries,The Bean 116, last year. 269 is minimum for a featured RB. I can't believe the Redskins ran less and blamed Mcnabb?

I think the the bean is far superior to both, needs to add 10lbs and beat 3-4 defenses into submission.

Like Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly.

Steve

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
very nice cards hope he turns out to be a good rb for us. I never did watch him play in college will have to youtube some highlights on him.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very nice cards hope he turns out to be a good rb for us. I never did watch him play in college will have to youtube some highlights on him.

I'll save you the search effort :)

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score

Steve

If he can hold on to the ball unlike 2 other backs we have, I'll pull the bandwagon!

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
He is explosive for sure. We have quite a stable of backs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previously I had seen video on Ryan Williams where I thought he ran like Tim Hightower (not a bad thing), that is he would go through the line and make a move afterwards which made him elusive.

However, it seems Williams in this video seemed more content to power the ball up the middle in traffic or bounce it outside when necessary. He seems to run with power and speed. The Cardinals now have enough quality RBs whereas if they can't run the ball, it will likely be the OL is not creating the holes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had seen previous video on Ryan Williams where I thought he ran like Tim Hightower (not a bad thing), that is he would go go through the line and make a move afterwards which made him elusive. However, it seems Williams in this video seemed more content to power the ball up the middle in traffic or bounce it outside when necessary. He seems to run with power and speed. The Cardinals now have enough quality RBs whereas if they can't run the ball, it will likely be the OL is not creating the holes.

Actually, he can do it all. If there's a hole, he'll typically find it. He runs well in traffic, cuts back well, can take a hit etc. Also, he's solid blocking and catching the ball too. His size might keep him from being a workhouse back and he's not the fastest guy but you can use him in any situation and he doesn't need 30 carries a game to show his stuff. He should work well in our rotation.

Steve

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I hope we can open holes half as big as he ran through in college.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I so enjoy watching these clips. He seems to have great vision and a knack for seeing seams open before they actually do. He is patient, willing to hesitate at the line, wait for the opening and then quickly power through. To me, he is nothing like Hightower.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I can't wait to see if little sweetness is as sweet as he's being touted to be! Really excited to watch this young man do his thing.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I hope we can open holes half as big as he ran through in college.
agree. It's stupid to use college highlight videos to try and determine what kind of RB they'll be in the pros. Unless, of course, it's Chris Wells videos :D.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard