Rumor: Cardinals moving to AFC?

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I live in Norman Oklahoma and the biggest sports talk channel was talking about the Cardinals getting moved to the AFC when LA gets 1 or two teams. I've never read or heard that anywhere else. I post in here occasionally and am a long time reader. Has this been brought up much there in Arizona or in this site?? I hope they stay in the NFC. I liked it better with Dallas, Washington, NY Giants and Philly back in the day, more than Seattle, SF and St. Louis....:grabs:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was said on the radio that if the Chargers and raiders end up in La then they both can't be in the same conference so they all thought that the cardinals would be the one to move. If the Rams go then the cards stay in the NFC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm in Tulsa for work God it sucks here with no pro teams.

I would think St Louis would be moved before Arizona

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes no sense to have STL in the anything "west" so move them to the AFC and get out.

LA, PHX, SEA and SF in the NFC West would be awesome, and make for some great travel games for all fanbases.

Reaction score
Moving one of the two founding franchises (Cardinals, Bears) of the NFL to the AFC would be stupid. I just don't see that happening.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
Moving one of the two founding franchises (Cardinals, Bears) of the NFL to the AFC would be stupid. I just don't see that happening.
I'm with you, but you never know what Goodell might do, and the owners would have to vote on it I believe.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Moving Seattle would make far more sense, given their prior history in the AFC West. A quick online search shows the same rumors involving the Seahawks.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This, we are not only one of the founding members of the NFL... we are also the first professional football franchise :)

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cardinals moving to AFC

We're more than 40 years past the merger. That doesn't matter anymore.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Makes no sense to have STL in the anything "west" so move them to the AFC and get out.

LA, PHX, SEA and SF in the NFC West would be awesome, and make for some great travel games for all fanbases.

I think moving STL to the AFC makes the most sense: you would put them in the same division as KC and create a nice cross state rivalry, as well as minimizing the travel time for KC and Denver.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score
Moving Seattle would make far more sense, given their prior history in the AFC West. A quick online search shows the same rumors involving the Seahawks.

I didn't know that was going on with them also. I'd love to see them go instead......:D

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've been a fan since the sixties and say screw STL. - move the Lambs back to LA and leave the NFC West as is.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The ransom these team owners try to hold their cities under is obscene. I'm a capitalist and all, buy why should these select businesses be subsidized by the taxpayers to fund a non vital and highly self profitable industry?

Los Angeles already lost two teams because of poor support and owners demanding billion dollar stadiums be gifted to them. Now LA is the convenient lever to try to squeeze several more cities and their citizens.

It is absurd to consider moving NFL teams out of huge markets like San Diego or the Bay Area. The Rams should go back to LA. The Jaguars should move to St Louis (not London, of all freaking stupid ideas), and that's all that needs to be done.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The ransom these team owners try to hold their cities under is obscene. I'm a capitalist and all, buy why should these select businesses be subsidized by the taxpayers to fund a non vital and highly self profitable industry?

Los Angeles already lost two teams because of poor support and owners demanding billion dollar stadiums be gifted to them. Now LA is the convenient lever to try to squeeze several more cities and their citizens.

It is absurd to consider moving NFL teams out of huge markets like San Diego or the Bay Area. The Rams should go back to LA. The Jaguars should move to St Louis (not London, of all freaking stupid ideas), and that's all that needs to be done.

You not so crazy, AZ, except for the part about San Diego being a huge market. They have trouble filling their stadium every Sunday. The couple of games I attended there were filled with Cardinal fans.

Redcoyote

Rookie
Reaction score
If not St. Louis then lets toss Seattle into the AFC. They have always seemed like an AFC team to me. I hate the idea of the cardinals in the AFC.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can see Seattle being pushed into the AFC, because Jerry Jones, who has a LOT of influence with Rodger Goodell, might think that Seattle can keep his Cowboys from getting to the Super Bowl.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I've been a fan since the sixties and say screw STL. - move the Lambs back to LA and leave the NFC West as is.

Unless the Cardinals just cave in and let the league have its way, it would seem they have a really strong argument that they've already allowed a move out of a lucrative division and should be the last team that deserves the moved at this point in time. Its someone else's turn.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Reaction score

I actually like this idea best. Jacksonville in London is ridiculous, Rams in LA and Jags in St. Louis would be the easiest fix...

Reaction score
The Jaguars should move to St Louis (not London, of all freaking stupid ideas), and that's all that needs to be done.
I like this; no division switching necessary.

One catch however - a lot of the talk of stadium building in LA has two teams utilizing it as one of the principal selling points. So it would still involve perhaps Oakland moving to LA in addition to the Rams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard