Ricky Rubio agrees to deal with Suns

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s a C+ move. Money isn’t great, but he can facilitate. Ayton will be a monster next year

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Too much is made over a small difference in 3FG%. For players attempting 6 threes per game, the difference between 33% and 36% is one make every five games, or 16 makes per season. It's very rarely going to be the difference between winning and losing.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubio's PER and PG ranking for PER last 4 years. Same as the real +/- in the trend. Actually it looks like he really dipped in production in Utah. Again age here make

Minny

17.6 #13
16.8 #18

UTAH

15.4 #24
14.0 #29

Either way, light years ahead of what we have had recently.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ultimately Rubio is about PG #16 in the NBA and is being paid like PG #21

He is the 4th piece to the Booker, Ayton, Oubre group.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It sounds like Russell was not really an option.

Marc Stein‏Verified account @TheSteinLine

D'Angelo Russell and Karl-Anthony Towns were huddling as recently as yesterday, league sources, while the Wolves have been canvassing the league to make the trades they need to make that can seal the former Nets All-Star as the new point guard in Minnesota

5:17 PM - 30 Jun 2019

I just hope Booker isn't eying a trade there...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No it's not. You are so overwhelmingly negative about everything that has been done that you haven't been able (or willing) to see what is going on. Team building. That's it.
Yeah you’re full of ********. I’ve said I liked the saric trade. I’ve commented on how the suns have loaded up on shooters and were the worst three point shooting team. And I’ve said that Rubio is a fine player. What I’ve commented on is value. Cam wasn’t a value selection. I don’t think rubios contract is a value contract. And I think the suns mislead their fans. But don’t throw ******** at me and put words in my mouth I didn’t say cornholio.

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No point in arguing about this any more. Just watch. RealGm leagewide poll is almost 70% positive on this signing and the negs are more about money than fit.
That’s where I fall despite chap’s bulkshit claims.

TJ

Reaction score
Didn’t realize this:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah you’re full of ********. I’ve said I liked the saric trade. I’ve commented on how the suns have loaded up on shooters and were the worst three point shooting team. And I’ve said that Rubio is a fine player. What I’ve commented on is value. Cam wasn’t a value selection. I don’t think rubios contract is a value contract. And I think the suns mislead their fans. But don’t throw ******** at me and put words in my mouth I didn’t say *******.
Nice.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Anything can happen. Monty Williams may have been a franchise-changing hire. Point is, we don't know yet.

We've swung for the fences for that franchise-changing move several times (Eric Gordon and Lamarcus Aldridge are the easiest examples), maybe it's time for something different. Because what we were doing before wasn't working.
Quoting attempts that never got off the starting line is lame and a totally defeatist attitude. So you’re resigned to the fact that suns should never pursue highest impact free agents? Ever again? Greeaaat. Smart.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Quoting attempts that never got off the starting line is lame and a totally defeatist attitude. So you’re resigned to the fact that suns should never pursue highest impact free agents? Ever again? Greeaaat. Smart.
Did I say that? In trying to find a silver lining in this offseason that so many are crapping on. Sue me.

You don’t like it, ****** off.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PHX was obviously out of the Russell sweepstakes so they had to go another direction. Gambo recently said Rubio would most likely end up in IND so that is what everyone thought but the Brogdon S&T changed that. IND gave up a lot for Brodgon, I'd imagine the first rounder has no protection as IND will should not be in lottery next year but PHX most likely will. I am shocked MIL didn't wait and match an offer for him but maybe they feel DiVicenzo will be ready to replace him next year. Brodgon is obviously a better shooter than Rubio but passing and defensive edge I think go to Rubio. I agree with those who felt we should have attempted to trade for Brogdon but Rubio will provide stability until a better PG option comes about. Hopefully Jerome can become a Brodgon or PHX ends up with an opportunity to land Anthony or Mannion in next year's draft.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
PHX was obviously out of the Russell sweepstakes so they had to go another direction. Gambo recently said Rubio would most likely end up in IND so that is what everyone thought but the Brogdon S&T changed that. IND gave up a lot for Brodgon, I'd imagine the first rounder has no protection as IND will should not be in lottery next year but PHX most likely will. I am shocked MIL didn't wait and match an offer for him but maybe they feel DiVicenzo will be ready to replace him next year. Brodgon is obviously a better shooter than Rubio but passing and defensive edge I think go to Rubio. I agree with those who felt we should have attempted to trade for Brogdon but Rubio will provide stability until a better PG option comes about. Hopefully Jerome can become a Brodgon or PHX ends up with an opportunity to land Anthony or Mannion in next year's draft.
Next year's draft is supposed to be stacked with point guards so hopefully they get their future one there

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really wanted DLO, but I’ll take Rubio over Brogdon or Rozier.

It feels like Rubio has been around forever but he’s only 28. Pass first defensive minded PG and he’s playoff tested

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz gave up a lot to get Mike Conley. We will see if it pays off for them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rozier is young had bot the best season but has tons of potential, Rubio cant hit a 3 and is only going to get worse, Booker going to face doubles with Rubios shooting and he will only get worse. Would have preferred a young guy to with the other young guys.

Rubio is only 28. I agree with this tweet, note it is ONLY comparing the ages of the players and not what sort of players they are or will be at that point. Neither I, or the Twitter account I'm quoting, is saying Rubio will be like Steve Nash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson