(Rotoworld) Cards expected to release DJ

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Get him off the team.

Tired of every time he touches the ball there’s criticism on here how he’s done and terrible.

He’s un-tradeable. Last authentic I’ll buy for awhile.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I hate watching him play without any burst and toughness, I think the only way for the franchise is reworking the contract, turning part of the salary in bonuses and trade him including a 4th or 5th round pick

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If this is credible then that means Drake is coming back right?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Its source is speculation of all 32 teams offseason moves, Non Story

Fake News! Read source story came from

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
DJ is not a bad guy, all his teammates including Drake said words of respect for how he handle the situation, but he has his pride though he clearly is not the same back and it's a matter of time till something erupts and one could feel that from one of DJ's tweet... meaning it's not smart to have him on the roster whether this report is true or not, you simply do not keep a guy on the roster who is not earning the mistake of paying him

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I just don’t see how we can’t make it work for one more year.

That is an egregious amount of dead money. Even Keim isn’t that stupid.

Unless he knows something about the new CBA that we don’t.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading the source about the CBA, I feel like even more of a darksider than I was. I see the logic, but I won't overreact to the tweet.

I picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue.

What of the new cba make u even more negative?
Cause I didn't find anything regarding the new cba

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want Kiem fired but, what is the point of keeping David Johnson around? He was horrible last year, he has no will to fight through tackles, no one is going to take him off our hands with that contract.

He is a sunk cost, dumping him this off season not only opens up payroll next off season but saves the staff the wasted effort of forcing him touches.

If we don't live up to expectations then whoever replaces Kiem has an extra 10 million to work with next winter.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What of the new cba make u even more negative?
Cause I didn't find anything regarding the new cba

The only way to realistically cut him would have been a post June 1st designation which would have let them split the cap hit over 2 seasons. But that's not available this year as it's the last year of the CBA and there is a clause that rules it out. I assume thats what he is referring to?

But this Rotoworld comment is nonsense. There is absolutely no way that they cut DJ with that cap hit.

1, The cap hit is crazy. You don't take an $18m hit over $14 salary.
2, Especially when he can be cut next year for much less
3, He's not a disruption. He's a team guy that will get on with what he is asked to do.
4, He can still be a 3rd down back and contribute in the receiving game
5, There is upside. He must be hearing all this talk. There is a chance he works this off season and turns things around.

I don't see a cut happening. At worse they subsidize a trade. But I think odds are he stays around.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the choices come down to flat out cut him and eat a ridiculous amount of dead money, or keep him on the roster for one more year...you keep him on the roster.

I don't care if hes the 4th RB on the depth chart, he has skills as a WR and has more value that literally a NEGATIVE 18 million bucks.

Maybe going to him this offseason and telling him you want to use him primarily as a WR or HBack would reinvigorate him? Come up with packages that feature him as a WR and throw him the ball on the outside from time to time. There is no way that is more of a negative to the team than eating that kind of dead money and watching him go somewhere else.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave