Rockets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 2-16-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t like that. That prob means they’re doing tests on it.

Chris Paul will get an MRI on right hand per Chris Haynes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul will get an MRI per Chris Haynes.

Edit: erased my original question because I already know the answer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Chris Paul's ejection.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per report Devin Booker said Chris Paul is fine.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per report Devin Booker said Chris Paul is fine.

I will still be holding my breath until tomorrow but... that at least makes me unclinch my butt hole.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will still be holding my breath until tomorrow but... that at least makes me unclinch my butt hole.
Same. Watching the replay tho... he actually doesn’t clench his fist once.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
@1tinsoldier was this the Booker composure you wanted?
yes, with Paul out, i was pleased that Booker did the right thing and kept his composure. But his decision-making while playing point at the end was bad -- like old times. Thankfully, Bridges and Cam stepped up and we squeaked out another win.

i'd like to think Paul strategically intended to get kicked out to inject some adversity in a game we were too lax in, but the truth is he's been overly cranky with the refs lately for some reason.

the positive from this game is that Holiday is definitely a step up from Payton.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My first thought when reading this news right now is that Paul staged the injury to miss the All-Star game and allow Monty to pick Mikal for the game. Basically, he's performing a sweep through on all-star weekend.

Hope that I'm right!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
My first thought when reading this news right now is that Paul staged the injury to miss the All-Star game and allow Monty to pick Mikal for the game. Basically, he's performing a sweep through on all-star weekend.

Hope that I'm right!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes, with Paul out, i was pleased that Booker did the right thing and kept his composure. But his decision-making while playing point at the end was bad -- like old times. Thankfully, Bridges and Cam stepped up and we squeaked out another win.

i'd like to think Paul strategically intended to get kicked out to inject some adversity in a game we were too lax in, but the truth is he's been overly cranky with the refs lately for some reason.

the positive from this game is that Holiday is definitely a step up from Payton.
It's been a long season. They have played a LOT of games without a break. Being cranky seems understandable. I could see CP3 wanting to spend 8 days resting with his family rather than going to the all-star game.

It looked to me like the contact with the ref was a purposeful accident. You can see a very slight lean into it just before contact.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul's hands BEFORE this injury. A lot of NBA players with long careers end up with hands that look like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a long season. They have played a LOT of games without a break. Being cranky seems understandable. I could see CP3 wanting to spend 8 days resting with his family rather than going to the all-star game.

It looked to me like the contact with the ref was a purposeful accident. You can see a very slight lean into it just before contact.
I thought Paul leaned into him too and considered the above a possibility.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul's hands BEFORE this injury. A lot of NBA players with long careers end up with hands that look like this.

I ran into

I can't remember who it was now but the wife and I ran into one the Suns assistant coaches when I was in my 20's. Ex-player, went into coaching...I will have to think about who it was. Long story short.....we were eating at a Sub shop and he was there with his sons. The first thing I noticed? How jacked up his hands were. I mean not a single finger looked straight. I have seen the same with football players too.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah at first I thought it was all ref. But on replay it seemed Paul leaned into the contact too. He didn’t seem to put up a fight with the ejection.
Agree. Seemed like total frustration on his part on top of being in pain.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The not hearing anything about the Chris Paul hand injury is starting to worry me a bit.

If he doesn't play in the All-Star game, I hope Mikal Bridges replaces him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The not hearing anything about the Chris Paul hand injury is starting to worry me a bit.

If he doesn't play in the All-Star game, I hope Mikal Bridges replaces him.
My brother and I were just texting about this. He thinks that is not a good sign or Chris is getting a second opinion. Man I hope not!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother and I were just texting about this. He thinks that is not a good sign or Chris is getting a second opinion. Man I hope not!

Yeah. The longer it drags on, the more I worry.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns should be contacting teams about buyouts just in case.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson