Rockets @ Suns Friday game thread 12-2-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a trap and game and you could tell they didn’t take the Rockets serious
“They”? Booker looked locked in with 41. So did Bridges with 22/8 before predictably coming up short at the end. Payne looked pretty locked in.

But there was definitely one player who didn’t take the Rockets seriously who was atrocious on both ends of the floor tonight, committed stupid fouls to take him out of the game and was a total non-factor when he was in the game.

If there was ever a game you could just lay at Ayton’s feet, this would be the one. he provided zero interior D, didnt rebound and was a turnover machine agaibst a team he should have dominated.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“They”? Booker looked locked in with 41. So did Bridges with 22/8 before predictably coming up short at the end. Payne looked pretty locked in.

But there was definitely one player who didn’t take the Rockets seriously who was atrocious on both ends of the floor tonight, committed stupid fouls to take him out of the game and was a total non-factor when he was in the game.

If there was ever a game you could just lay at Ayton’s feet, this would be the one. he provided zero interior D, didnt rebound and was a turnover machine agaibst a team he should have dominated.

Yeah Ayton probably had his single worst game of his career but where was the defense from everybody? No way the Rockets should have just been walking in for lay ups against us.

It’s played on both ends

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton seems to have trouble with quick, long, athletic teams that will challenge him for possession of the ball like the Rockets and Magic.

On a night like last night I would settle for a strong defensive effort on his part.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, Dario should never see the floor against a team that young and athletic. He was beyond woeful and lived up to every bit of Proximo’s condemnation yesterday.

Didn’t “singlehandedly” lose us the game, but he was atrocious.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, Dario should never see the floor against a team that young and athletic. He was beyond woeful and lived up to every bit of Proximo’s condemnation yesterday.

Dario doesn't have the athleticism he needs to play in the NBA right now. This may be as good as it gets.

It's too about the injury but he never did have a lot of athleticism.

If so, this is another roster spot the Suns need to fill.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dario looks done. I really like the guy and I’m rooting for him but yikes

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't totally disagree with the take below but all the games count and injuries can have a multiplier effect on those players who have to take up the slack.

I am concerned about the health of Mikal Bridges.

Additionally the Suns are not only missing Chris Paul, Cam Johnson, Torrey Craig, Jae Crowder but they have an open roster spot as well.

Then there are questions about Dario Saric.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
It's just always a real drag to be ahead all game and then lose at the end. I'm pretty confident we would have won had Ayton passed the ball to the wide open Booker instead of going through Lee first. Book would have had more time and most likely hit that wide open FT line jumper.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I think it was more about not being locked in on defense. Just too many lazy rotations that led to easy baskets for them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been awhile since a team had more FTs attempted than FGs made but that is the Suns this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rockets are just hard to play. They're so young they lose games but they're so athletic and they play hard so they don't quit. They were down 25 tonight against the Warriors and got all the way back to within 4 before losing in a game where the Warriors made 25 3's. They just don't quit.

I'm still not sold on Jalen Green he is young and improved but his shot selection is horrible. But they have a bunch of good young talent, Smith and Eason are both really impressive and the big guy Sengun that guy is REALLY going to be good. He already is but I mean really good, the Warriors announcers were calling him a poor mans Sabonis.

If they can keep the nucleus of the team together and either get Green to play team ball, or replace him with someone who will they're going to be pretty good in the future.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Rockets are just hard to play. They're so young they lose games but they're so athletic and they play hard so they don't quit. They were down 25 tonight against the Warriors and got all the way back to within 4 before losing in a game where the Warriors made 25 3's. They just don't quit.

I'm still not sold on Jalen Green he is young and improved but his shot selection is horrible. But they have a bunch of good young talent, Smith and Eason are both really impressive and the big guy Sengun that guy is REALLY going to be good. He already is but I mean really good, the Warriors announcers were calling him a poor mans Sabonis.

If they can keep the nucleus of the team together and either get Green to play team ball, or replace him with someone who will they're going to be pretty good in the future.
They’ve got a collection of good young athletic talent but they could be the dumbest collection of players in the nba. Watching them in our game it felt like they could be leading the whole game but every fourth play was throwing the ball into the fifth row or something equally stupid.