Rock Star: Van Halen

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MTV reports Van Halen ready for CBS

LOS ANGELES, -- If CBS brings back its successful "Rock Star: INXS" for a second season, rumor has it the next band in line is California's Van Halen. This summer's inaugural season was a ratings winner for CBS and a reputation enhancer for reality TV producer Mark Burnett -- and it gave INXS a new singer, a new hit single, an upcoming album and a world tour. CBS has remained hush-hush on whether "Rock Star" will return next summer, but MTV reports if it does, look for Eddie and Alex Van Halen along with bassist Michael Anthony in the judges' chairs originally filed by INXS. A band rep refused to comment on the report given to MTV by a "source close to the show." Van Halen certainly fits the mold -- a former rock 'n' roll powerhouse that has been floundering without a frontman since the departures of David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If not Van Halen, how about Blind Melon or Queen....

Queen baby

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:barf:

This is a mockery of real rock music played today by real musicians.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
:barf:

This is a mockery of real rock music played today by real musicians.
Why? If they were auditioning for a guitar player and you applied, would you feel the same?

Are these singers less than real musicians because they're on a reality show?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW Van Halen flatly denies they're going to be on the show, heard it on radio last week.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've got nothing against the musicians involved. I wish the best for all of them. My beef is with their exploiters.