Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the NBA players association gets involved, something will happen. They have a lot of clot.
They should be sticking up for every Suns and Mercury player who has to shoulder this burden. I mean… every single one of them is going to peppered with questions the second training camp starts. None of them should have to comment on Sarver’s behalf. And if you don’t think that legendary piece of crap isn’t keeping score right now of who’s saying what, I got some beautiful oceanfront property in Yuma to sell you right about now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should be sticking up for every Suns and Mercury player who has to shoulder this burden. I mean… every single one of them is going to peppered with questions the second training camp starts. None of them should have to comment on Sarver’s behalf. And if you don’t think that legendary piece of crap isn’t keeping score right now of who’s saying what, I got some beautiful oceanfront property in Yuma to sell you right about now.

Agree. I have a feeling since Lebron and the NBPA are already involved, things could be coming to a boiling point soon.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He was a terrible owner. I remember him giving up draft picks for money and the team losing for YEARS under his watch. By the sheer nature of the draft and the structure of the league, he stumbled upon a few winning seasons. Terrible owner and if he had any dignity he would have walked away and sold his interest as soon as the smoke started to appear. He is also part of a management group who owns the team and he screwed them over too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have not read this entire thread, but do you believe as long as Sarver is the owner, free agents will look elsewhere and not sign with the Suns?

I think it will and also believe that the findings were part of the FO rushing Booker's extension and trying to get next years roster in place ASAP this off-season. I feel bad for Cam Johnson though because he's in a tough spot with his extension, will he be the first player to willingly agree to extend his stay under Sarver? Who knows. If he doesn't, for any reason, I can only imagine how the media react. I definitely see this as an issue for players going forward though. Money talks but the Suns will have to overpay to make up for Sarver and I imagine some players won't come regardless, like Klutch Sports players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We just need one sponsor to step up and say they won't work with Sarver. Hopefully that happens soon and it causes the other owners to oust him as then there is clear evidence that he's hurting their bottom line.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dude can’t hold a position in the NBA ever again
Agreed. And I like the way CP3 addressed it and the fact he focused on the mistreatment of women. Sarver's behavior towards and around women was mimicked by others within the organization, every single one of them should be out of the league.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We just need one sponsor to step up and say they won't work with Sarver. Hopefully that happens soon and it causes the other owners to oust him as then there is clear evidence that he's hurting their bottom line.
Paging PayPal and Footprint….

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. And I like the way CP3 addressed it and the fact he focused on the mistreatment of women. Sarver's behavior towards and around women was mimicked by others within the organization, every single one of them should be out of the league.
Agreed.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we really need is for his ownership group to convince him to step away before it reaches the point where sponsors take this step. And before players are forced to make hard choices.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we really need is for his ownership group to convince him to step away before it reaches the point where sponsors take this step. And before players are forced to make hard choices.
They’ve already proven to be cowards. I expect nothing from them until their bottom line is threatened.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So they backtrack after the one time Silver was actually honest:
-

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“There are particular rights here of someone who owns an NBA team as opposed to someone who’s an NBA employee” - Adam Silver

Owners have the right to be racist, sexist and misogynistic? Really Adam Silver?

This is SUCH CRAP. They stripped Sterling. They can do the exact same thing with Sarver. They just don’t WANT TO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“There are particular rights here of someone who owns an NBA team as opposed to someone who’s an NBA employee” - Adam Silver

Owners have the right to be racist, sexist and misogynistic? Really Adam Silver?

This is SUCH CRAP. They stripped Sterling. They can do the exact same thing with Sarver. They just don’t WANT TO.

John Gambadoro said something about it earlier. There is speculation the NBA wanted to avoid the legal battle.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are people who are STILL in the organization that may have given the investigation some of the most damning stuff we’ve heard. Sarver Will know and REMEMBER that. Should those enployees need to go back to work where this piece of trash can come back in, looking for payback?

According to the report There were incidents as recent as 2021 where he was still making these comments.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

I started reading this 43 page report. The thing that immediately stands out is what a man-child Sarver is. Always trying to show power over others and make them uncomfortable. Tells inappropriate sexual jokes at the drop of a hat.

GET HIM OUT OF HERE!

No FAs are going to want to play for him. No way can he change his baseline behavior after 60 years on this planet. He needs to take his money and walk away.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one smart thing the NBA did was drop this out of season.

If it was in season and all these guys had microphones in their face every day, Sarver would be dead. There’s enough time now for a lot of outrage… and then a die off before season starts where the only players that will be peppered will sadly be the suns.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I started reading this 43 page report. The thing that immediately stands out is what a man-child Sarver is. Always trying to show power over others and make them uncomfortable. Tells inappropriate sexual jokes at the drop of a hat.

GET HIM OUT OF HERE!

No FAs are going to want to play for him. No way can he change his baseline behavior after 60 years on this planet. He needs to take his money and walk away.

What I find odd about the reports of the findings are how it seems they've run with some of the tamer anecdotes. Maybe my views on things are different than the general public but the more you read the more I question why certain stories weren't headline material on it's own. Like how he decided to tell a story about personally learning what a BJ was during a business meeting last year. Like WTF is wrong with him?

Last edited:

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score

Dude can’t hold a position in the NBA ever again

Nice response to the facts. No way he can ignore 300+ of his co-workers. No way he could sugar coat a hostile environment his co-workers he deals with daily had to deal with. If he spoke to fans about their comments to players called up from the gleague, there was no way he wouldn't speak up for these co-workers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson