Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm not against Iger the way some seem to be since it takes more than money to be a good owner(Sterling was the richest NBA owner for most of the time he had the Clippers) and I think he'd have more than sufficient backing along with ability to run an organization, but those are some serious deep pockets being mentioned.
Imagine if Bezos bought the team...Suns and Amazon promotions!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to the radio.....now this is making more sense why this is happening now. Evidently, there were multiple sponsors having discussions behind these scenes (non-public) that were threatening to walk from the Suns. That was the final straw in Sarver's decision to sell the team. That would give the remaining ownership grounds to activate a clause to oust Robert. Instead of coming to that he decided to sell.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

And maybe he decides he want the entire sports market and collects them all. I know he has wanted an NFL team in the past and could maybe make an offer high enough to pressure the Bidwill family!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG. On the radio they are speculating between 3 to 4 billion dollar sale. Not sure if this was including the Mercury but I am assuming so.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm not sure Larry Ellison would be much of an upgrade. He has a long time reputation of being a massive jerk, too.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I’m stunned. Sarver does the right thing.
this is the correct reaction.
Still an ass, even on the way out.

“As a man of faith, I believe in atonement and the path to forgiveness. I expected that the commissioner's one-year suspension would provide the time for me to focus, make amends and remove my personal controversy from the teams that I and so many fans love.

But in our current unforgiving climate, it has become painfully clear that that is no longer possible – that whatever good I have done, or could still do, is outweighed by things I have said in the past. For those reasons, I am beginning the process of seeking buyers for the Suns and Mercury.”
This was never in doubt. A world class jerk till the end!
Oh my lord… Bob Iger would be a damn fantasy dream!
I'd love this for sure..... Just doubt him being able to complete it.

My first thought would be Laurene Jobs or MacKenzie Scott. Talk about a culture shift.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this is the correct reaction.

This was never in doubt. A world class jerk till the end!

I'd love this for sure..... Just doubt him being able to complete it.

My first thought would be Laurene Jobs or MacKenzie Scott. Talk about a culture shift.

I can definitely see the league wanting a female owner and maybe even a means of Sarver to save some face.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Not to pass the buck, but someone who is much more active than me should create a thread of potential owners with an opening post that can be updated as new names arise.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say it again. This was calculated by the NBA. Silver and the NBA whiffed and were hoping this happened. This is almost as pathetic as Sarver's statement.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My dark horse candidate. Bob Parsons (worth $3.4 billion). Founded GoDaddy, owns the Harley Davidson franchise in Scottsdale, lots of real estate around the valley, and of course PXG Golf. He is into sports and this is just the type of thing he would go for. I hear that his personality is right there with Sarver.

PXG is becoming huge with golf equipment and apparel and the advertising tie-ins with PXG and Harley work really well.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn’t be happier to be wrong here! I really thought he might have snaked away from ultimate culpability.
This what I expected. He might be a jack ____ but he is a smart enough business man to know when to get out of a deal.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
My dark horse candidate. Bob Parsons (worth $3.4 billion). Owns the Harley Davidson franchise in Scottsdale, lots of real estate around the valley, and of course PXG Golf. He is into sports and this is just the type of thing he would go for. I hear that his personality is right there with Sarver.

LOL

I used to work for him at GoDaddy in the early days.

If you think Bobby Sarver is a bad person, Bobby Parsons is no better and probably could even be worse, as what I know of him was based on employee chit-chat (and some personal observations).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report on the radio that Bob Iger has reached out already and a local ownership group as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ McCollum, NBPA President, thanks Robert Sarver for swift decision to benefit sports community.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not against Iger the way some seem to be since it takes more than money to be a good owner(Sterling was the richest NBA owner for most of the time he had the Clippers) and I think he'd have more than sufficient backing along with ability to run an organization, but those are some serious deep pockets being mentioned.
whoa... those are ALL guys who want to WIN at WHATEVER they're doing. Full stop.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Report on the radio that Bob Iger has reached out already and a local ownership group as well.

oh man... I really don't know if you guys understand how freaking amazing this would be. He already has a great relationship with Chris Paul. A mentorship. The guy was BELOVED by everyone at Disney and turned them into an unstoppable juggernaut.

I'm all aboard the Iger and Co. train!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there might be a mass bidding war for this team. they're currently a title contender and have a young core for the future in a city that has gorgeous weather 8 months out of the year.

Colangelo once had us as THE destination spot for a five year run. We could be that again with an owner with DEEEEEEEP pockets!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA