Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How you can discount bias without consideration is not how due process works. But you do you.

Oh Raja Bell came out and said Sarver is a horrible person, guess he’s just disgruntled aswell so we shouldn’t listen to him either huh.

I get innocent till proven guilty but don’t act like that doesn’t happen here just dismissing someone because they didn’t have a good experience here. *cough*Amin

Jalen Rose doesn’t strike me as disgruntled about anything in life matter a fact if you listened you Jalen and Jacoby you would know they were on the Suns bandwagon very early last season and hyped them up every chance they got.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to discount the validity of this story when 70+ people attest to the same appalling behavior. If it’s all false, it’s one of the greatest hit jobs in history.
In general I don't doubt the validity of this story but I'm not sure about the "70+ people" attesting to appalling behavior. I've seen it reported both ways, repeatedly. One version is that they simply interviewed more than 70 people and the other version is that they have accounts of misbehavior by more than 70 people.

Given how wimpy most of the stories we've heard are so far, I think this is a hatchet piece if what we've seen is the worst of those 70 accounts. It's clear that Sarver has created and allowed a toxic work environment but the claims of racism fall flat unless Jalen's comment proves out. And short of a racist claim standing up, I think we're stuck with Sarver until his ownership group can talk him into selling.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Indeed... the mental gymnastic some posters here are doing is a bit perplexing. And all over a guy who has been an obvious/demonstrable ****** over the years even without this latest controversy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed... the mental gymnastic some posters here are doing is a bit perplexing. And all over a guy who has been an obvious/demonstrable ****** over the years even without this latest controversy.

It’s just another example of the type of tribalism run rampant in our country.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone hasn't listened to the entire interview with Baxter Holmes on the Lowe Post podcast, they should.

The link was previously posted by @Hoop Head.

There is more than allegations of racism.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Most of us know he was/is a prick. However for him to be in serious trouble and lose ownership there has to be hard proof for that to happen. So far there's not much

The last controversy like this in the nba was so dire that everyone forgot about in the span of a year: the Dallas mavericks. The team had several harassment cases for YEARS and somehow Cuban remains the owner.

That is what some of us are pointing to. If he truly did some of what he is accused, it is inexcusable. However, the chances of anything happening are rather slim

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see why wanting clear evidence is “mental gymnastics,” but whatever.
i don't either. I see no support for Sarver here, no excuses for Sarver here, nothing but anger and frustration over the mess he's created. We all think he's been a miserable owner and we want him out - if that opinion isn't shared to the last person here, it doesn't miss by much.

But just because Sarver has been a horrible boss doesn't mean that Earl Watson and Ryan McD don't have axes to grind. I'm not saying they are lying, I just think their history makes them suspect - just like I tend to believe many of the accusations because Sarver's history makes him suspect.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone hasn't listened to the entire interview with Baxter Holmes on the Lowe Post podcast, they should.

The link was previously posted by @Hoop Head.

There is more than allegations of racism.

Can you sum up some of it for us?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i don't either. I see no support for Sarver here, no excuses for Sarver here, nothing but anger and frustration over the mess he's created. We all think he's been a miserable owner and we want him out - if that opinion isn't shared to the last person here, it doesn't miss by much.

But just because Sarver has been a horrible boss doesn't mean that Earl Watson and Ryan McD don't have axes to grind. I'm not saying they are lying, I just think their history makes them suspect - just like I tend to believe many of the accusations because Sarver's history makes him suspect.
Exactly. I don’t want this dependent on these guys. If this is real, I want it to come from more dependable sources. I question anyone that would say what Jalen Rose did on air on a national broadcast.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most of us know he was/is a prick. However for him to be in serious trouble and lose ownership there has to be hard proof for that to happen. So far there's not much

The last controversy like this in the nba was so dire that everyone forgot about in the span of a year: the Dallas mavericks. The team had several harassment cases for YEARS and somehow Cuban remains the owner.

That is what some of us are pointing to. If he truly did some of what he is accused, it is inexcusable. However, the chances of anything happening are rather slim

But the allegations werent against Cuban. He claims he was unaware and dealt with it.

For the suns, it’s our owner who’s at the center of it.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
But the allegations werent against Cuban. He claims he was unaware and dealt with it.

For the suns, it’s our owner who’s at the center of it.
Cuban was accused of not having team control. He fixed some things and largely avoided any trouble

The evidence so far against Sarver isn't enough to do anything. There needs to be a smoking gun for anything to happen. So far its mostly the word of disgruntled former employees. Thats not enough for a Sterling-esque removal

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will repeat an earlier statement from Suns Vice Chairman Jahm Najafi.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you sum up some of it for us?

The summary is sort of the article that's been out. He just elaborates a little more and says this is just the beginning of the conversation about Server's behaviour rather than a complete summary. He says he's been contacted since by more people feeling empowered to speak now.

It really doesn't add much but it helps flesh out what was written a bit. You won't learn anything new. I think it was more for the national audience since us Suns fans have become accustomed to Sarver and this stuff isn't shocking.

Worth a listen, he comes on first around the 7 minute mark, but it's more to flesh out the article than add to it, IMO.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In my original post on this topic -- which you apparently either didn't read or have already forgotten -- I wrote, "You can say that Sarver shouldn't do it because he's an owner and not a player, but in that particular case it would be just another example of him not respecting owner/employee boundaries, not a sexual harrassment issue."

So, let's make it simple: If one athlete slaps another on the ass, is it sexual harrassment? How about when coaches do it to their players?
When a man does it to a woman, it is. The reason I know? I asked my wife.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Take from this what you will. This is referring to the game tonight vs the Hawks.

And like I've said before the most likely chance of his removal is an internal one. The other parts of the ownership group are more likely to get Sarver out than the league

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don’t see why wanting clear evidence is “mental gymnastics,” but whatever.

Mental gymnastics = everybody who has accused Sarver is some kind of disgruntled ex-employee who is out to get him... including apparently even the unidentified "not famous" employees. There are a few posters on here (and other forums I have seen) pretty much running with that narrative.

And even if a few of them are in fact disgruntled ex-employees, that doesn't invalidate what they are alleging. In fact, the alleged behavior probably contributed to quite a bit of the disgruntlement.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mental gymnastics = everybody who has accused Sarver is some kind of disgruntled ex-employee who is out to get him... including apparently even the unidentified "not famous" employees. There are a few posters on here (and other forums I have seen) pretty much running with that narrative.

And even if a few of them are in fact disgruntled ex-employees, that doesn't invalidate what they are alleging. In fact, the alleged behavior probably contributed to quite a bit of the disgruntlement.
I agree with this sentence but I don't see anyone on the other side of this point (here, anyway).

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

And so far everyone for the most part has been a disgruntled ex employee. Doesn't mean they are lying, but it does give us reason to potentially question their motives.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And so far everyone for the most part has been a disgruntled ex employee. Doesn't mean they are lying, but it does give us reason to potentially question their motives.
Actually I think most of them so far are "anonymous", the few names brought up have been disgruntled former employees. And almost every employer has disgruntled ex-employees. But it's the sheer number and the consistency regarding toxic environment that rings alarm bells for me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Actually I think most of them so far are "anonymous", the few names brought up have been disgruntled former employees. And almost every employer has disgruntled ex-employees. But it's the sheer number and the consistency regarding toxic environment that rings alarm bells for me.
Of course. I am talking about the people we know about as of now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hard to discount the validity of this story when 70+ people attest to the same appalling behavior. If it’s all false, it’s one of the greatest hit jobs in history.
70+ were interviewed. We have zero idea how many had stories or corroborated stories.

Reactions: TRW

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I met Sarver once after he came to U of A to give the commencement speech. He was a complete A-hole to my dad and I so I am not surprised at all that others have had this experience

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
70+ were interviewed. We have zero idea how many had stories or corroborated stories.

Just going to have to copy and paste that regularly. I'd say put it in your signature but I'm sure someone would twist it as you being a Sarver apologist.

Those 2 things keep having to get repeated. No one is defending Sarver here and it's unclear how many people actually witnessed or were victims of misogynistic or racist behavior perpetrated by Sarver.