Robert James

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert James has been making a name for himself so far this year, and if the ASU defense can continue to play as well as they have, James will remain on the short list for Pac-10 DPY.

James is playing a position that has traditionally produced some of ASU's best defensive players, including Darren Woodson and Pat Tillman. The Woodson comparison is coming up often these days -- both are from Maryvale, both played OLB at ASU, and James is likely to make the switch to strong safety in the NFL.

I'm told James ran high 4.5s at last year's NFL dealio at ASU, but is plenty capable of showing 4.4 speed. He played safety in high school, but he's less of a hybrid OLB in this defense that Woodson was. His responsibilities are more in line with what Tillman did. It will be interesting to see how teams view him. After watching Adam Archuleta basically show few DB skills as a safety, I think teams may weigh in more on that fear than they have in the past. While both Archie and James played safety in high school before moving to LB, James arrived at ASU as a great athlete while Archie was just getting started in his Russian-style Olympic plyometrics. James is a more natural athlete, and quicker/more instinctive.

James is going to be almost impossible to replace when he graduates this year. There's hope that Ryan McFoy will be that guy, but he's still barely 200 lbs. and isn't as instinctive. Hopefully he'll develop as quickly as James did, who was already showing immense promise as a sophomore.

Amber_bamber

Reaction score
Are you planning on going to see Darren on Nov. 17th? He is supposed to be signing autographs and stuff for fans. Its at the Alltel store at Tempe Marketplace at noon.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Are you planning on going to see Darren on Nov. 17th? He is supposed to be signing autographs and stuff for fans. Its at the Alltel store at Tempe Marketplace at noon.

What does this have to do with this thread? Your only 2 posts have been about this autograph signing at a mall. Do you work for the PR company thats putting the event on or something?

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
Troy Nolan is having a heck of a year as well, has FIVE int's and TWO FOR TD's!!!

JC transfer that was injured last season so go the RS, and we'll have him back next year!!!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I don't know if you heard, but I heard that there is this new area close to ASU called the Tempe Marketplace. Anyway, there is an alltel store there, and apparently Darren Woodson is going to be there. Word is he will possibly be doing autographs.

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if you heard, but I heard that there is this new area close to ASU called the Tempe Marketplace. Anyway, there is an alltel store there, and apparently Darren Woodson is going to be there. Word is he will possibly be doing autographs.

I think she signed up on here for the sole purpose of promoting the signing, must be an ALLTEL employee...

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A source has reported that this will be on November 17th at noon.

Amber_bamber

Reaction score
What does this have to do with this thread? Your only 2 posts have been about this autograph signing at a mall. Do you work for the PR company thats putting the event on or something?

Yes, my name is Amber, and I am a rep. for Alltel, I really was only trying to let you guys know about the event, only because I figured it was something that most football fans would be interested in knowing. I wasn't trying to spam you guys or anything. Anyway, I hope every one has a great day! :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard