RIP Tom Dillon

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Tom Dillon, former play-by-play announcer for Arizona State and the Arizona Cardinals, died early Tuesday at age 65.

Dillon worked for the Sports USA Radio Network since 2005 and was scheduled to announce the Territorial Cup between ASU and Arizona in Tucson on Saturday.
Dillon called ASU games for 20 years starting in 1979 -- announcing the Sun Devils' two Rose Bowl appearances -- and Cardinals games for 12 years through 2001. He worked for Fox Sports Arizona for five years. He was voted Arizona Sportscaster of the Year 11 times.
Dillon is survived by his wife Bonnie and two daughters. He worked in real estate in recent years with his wife.
Dillon recently told the Republic: "I miss it (full-time broadcasting). You devote 40 years of your life to it, although this (Sports USA) is very, very rewarding and gratifying to be able to do this. Every week, I get to go to one of the best games in the country."
He is the third long-time Valley sports media member to die in 2008. Others were East Valley Tribune sportswriter Bob Moran and former Republic sportswriter/ASU baseball analyst Bob Eger.
The most valuable player in the Territorial Cup will receive the Bob Moran Award and the Ben Goo Trophy. Moran also worked for the Arizona Daily Star in Tucson before coming to metro Phoenix.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/jeffmetcalfe/40432

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Very Sad News... a close second was his departure from Sun Devils broadcasting. His replacement is horrible. I truly enjoyed listening to Tom Dillon.