RIP: Stuart Scott (1965-2015)

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Had a feeling this was not far away...I follow Stuart on Twitter and his twitter account has been silent for months....BOOHYAA my friend....boohyaa :(

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BOOYAAA!!!

The face of sports center gone too early. I remember when the first time we got cable (ESPN), I would make sure to watch SC every night because of Stuart Scott and Eisen together. They made sports even more exciting by watching those 2 feed of each other. He battled and never gave up. This made me see the clearer picture to love my family more today and beyond. RIP Stuart Scott. The sports world lost a family member today, but will never be forgotten. You are truly a hero and inspiration to us all

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. I watched the ESPN tribute and I was sad when I heard the news. Just like you posted earlier, Stu and Eisen were THE anchors that I sorta came up with at a time when sports mean a little more to you. Loved watching them together, and shed a tear when I saw the Rich Eisen reaction.

Truly a sad day in the sports world. Such a devastating disease and how it effects so many of us..... Hopefully there is a cure soon

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a young girl in the 90s, I freaking loved watching Stuart on Sportscenter. He was hip and cool and I loved him. "As cool as the other side of the pillow" was awesome as was "booyah!"

R.I.P. Stuart Scott. You will be missed!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Read about his passing on AZ Central Sports, I was shocked to hear it was cancer. I thought it was an accident or something unexpected at age 49, but from the ESPN memorial video, his colleagues mention you would never know because on air that man was full of energy and life.

Very sad as Stuart Scott was one of my favorite sportscasters on ESPN and was a role model and a very classy man.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
As a young girl in the 90s, I freaking loved watching Stuart on Sportscenter. He was hip and cool and I loved him. "As cool as the other side of the pillow" was awesome as was "booyah!"

R.I.P. Stuart Scott. You will be missed!

I was going to cite the same quote---which epitomized Stuart Scott---"cool as the other side of the pillow."

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Definitely lost a good man today, awful news. Grew up watching him on sportscenter, he's probably the TV personality I am most familiar with as someone in their mid-20s. RIP Stu, forever cooler than the other side of the pillow.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So sad. He will be missed. Puts the Cards loss in perspective. Godspeed to you Stuart.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just watched the tear jerking piece on ESPN, seems I totally grew up on Stuart and he was only like 10 years older than me. He brought some much needed flavor to the mothership, sucks to see someone like that pass so young. RIP

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I loved Stu... What I loved most was his courage to not change... To simply be himself even when the old guard cast a cynical eye at his style and presentation. And yet, that courage was surpassed by the courage he showed in his battle against cancer. What a man. What a warrior.. What a loss.
RIP Stu... And May God bless your family and the throng who called you a friend...

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Everybody loved this dude & always have great things to say about him! He was enjoyable to watch & listen too & doesn't have to suffer anymore! RIP Stu

Lorenzo

Reaction score
By far My favorite sportscenter anchor ever. The man was talented. I didn't even know that he had cancer. God bless him and others that have dealt with that terrible disease.

OP
OP
N

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
It's funny because they would always just say "filling in for Stuart Scott." Almost like he was on vacation or something. Looking back at Espy footage it doesn't seem they hid that he had cancer but I don't recall it being discussed or so far along.

He will be missed