RIP: Joe Garagiola (1926-2016)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So long Joe, thanks for everything. I grew up listening to him do games on NBC and was thrilled when he attached himself to the Dbacks. RIP Joe.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Damn. He was a treasure.

I always admired how obvious it was the love he felt for his wife, and the passion he had for the game.

I'm going to miss him.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A legend of the game. RIP Joe

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Joe was not only a treasure to baseball and to television, the last years of his life were spent associated with our D-backs.

He followed the loss of his best friend Yogi, whom he knew since childhood, by a short time.

I expect the D-backs will put up a tribute near the Joe Black tribute in LF.

I hope someone will pick up Joe's cause of concern for chewing tobacco.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good ball player and great announcer. Never missed a game when NBC had the game of the week on Saturday afternoons no matter who was playing. I used to love his euphemisms.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I'm not nearly old enough to have seen him in his prime, but I loved when he would do commentary for the Dbacks here and there. Awesome guy, loved the old school perspective he brought. RIP.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was playing at ASU, he would come to our practices and would sit down and talk to us about all sorts of baseball stories. He was so strong on his against tobacco campaign. He was a really good friend of Coach Pat Murphy and we all loved it when he showed up. He is truly one of a kind and he will be missed by so many. RIP Joe!

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
Truly sad when I heard the news today. I've loved baseball for 40+ years now, and Joe has made me smile since day one. RIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk