RIP Joe...Big Yotes fan

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
This post is more about giving me some space to vent about the passing of a good friend. No need to reply.

My longtime friend Joe passed away yesterday at the ripe age of 57. Way too freaking early if you ask me. Joe was a lifelong hockey fan. He loved coming here in the winter and watching Yotes games. He could recite the timeline of Auston Matthews up and down the street. He knew Dale Hawerchuk, grew up with Craig McTavish in Alberta, and could provide a play-by-play of every Probert vs. Domi fight ever. Let's just say the boy knew his shinny.

I'm gonna miss that *****. Even tonight, when I looked at the score sheet and saw Dartmouth played to a tie with St. Lawrence, he'd already know whose kids were on each team. He knew Super Mario's kid was an ASU Sun Devil way before me.

You just can't replace that kind of stuff. No matter how hard you try.

One of the favorite things on my wall was a gift from Joe. An autographed cover of Sports Illustrated with Brett Hull in a St. Louis Blues sweater. So a fond farewell to my friend Joseph Francis Maughan. The early morning crew at Our Lady of Perpetual Health are gonna miss you too. At least you got to see the Stampeders win the Grey Cup!

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson