Report: Colin Kaepernick investigated for alleged sexual assault

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2014/04/10/colin-kaepernick-investigation/7550297/

From the link:

According to an incident report obtained by USA TODAY Sports, the alleged incident took place April 1 at the Viceroy hotel in downtown Miami. Ricardo Lockette, a Seattle Seahawks wide receiver, and Quinton Patton, a 49ers receiver, are listed as "persons involved."

According to the report, the alleged victim went to Lockette's apartment at the Viceroy where Kaepernick and Patton were watching a basketball game. The woman "mixed some drinks for all of them and gave them shots," according to the report.

The woman told police she was instructed by the men to " 'hit' the bong which contained marijuana."

Later she said she started to feel light headed and went to a bedroom to lie down.

"Mr. Kaepernick came behind her into the bedroom and started kissing her," according to the report. "Mr. Kaepernick started to undress her. She got completely naked. Mr. Kaepernick told her that he was going to be right back and left the bedroom. They did not have sex."

Patton and Lockette looked in the room where the alleged victim said: "What are you doing? Where is Colin? Get out."

The alleged victim told police she does not remember anything after that, and that she woke up in a hospital bed, not aware of how she got there. The woman told police she has had a "sexual relationship" with Kaepernick in the past.

So she went to a hotel room with 3 men...drank and did drugs...got naked...and woke up in a hospital with no idea how she got there.

:doi:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
NFL Memes: Colin Kaepernick under investigation for sexually assulting the Green Bay Packers defense.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The woman told police she was instructed by the men to " 'hit' the bong which contained marijuana."

This could be a bigger issue for Kaepernick

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It is all hearsay and means even less if the woman's main acquisition is sexual assault. Sure I think Kap was taking a hit of pot but they cannot fine or suspend him on something that will never get past an assumption

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Can't they test him to see if he had pot recently?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Kaepernick could just throw the ball 70 yds to impress the police and make them forget about the case :). I mean seriously why do all these athletes get in trouble with this type of stuff? I mean they make ton of money lol they can just date anyone they want in a split second. I just don't get it

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Kaepernick could just throw the ball 70 yds to impress the police and make them forget about the case :). I mean seriously why do all these athletes get in trouble with this type of stuff? I mean they make ton of money lol they can just date anyone they want in a split second. I just don't get it

Bingo. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He may already have a positive test on his record. Not revealed unless there's a suspension.

There were rumors about him and that before the draft.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would've thought Darren Sharper would do what he is accused of?

The court of public opinion is overwhelmingly against this girl, but no one really knows what happened. To me, it sounds like the Ben R situation of a few years ago. You can't really prosecute when the victim blacked out.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dunno....she had a previous sexual relationship with Kap...never said "NO"...even asked the other guys where he was when they looked in.........

Sounds to me like Kap did nothing wrong here.....who hasn't copped an occasional buddy **** from an exe?.....

now,...something made her black out,.......was she sore??
Maybe the OTHER two dudes wore it out while she was ruffied?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No testing during the off-season.

That's actually completely backwards. They don't test during the season unless you're already in the program. Virtually all random tests is done during the offseason.
----------------------
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...for_recreational_drugs_during_the_season.html

But how do players continue to smoke weed if the NFL tests for it? That's easy: For players who have not previously tested positive or been arrested on drug-related charges, the league's random testing for what it calls "substances of abuse" only takes place for approximately four months out of the year, all of it during the offseason.

According to the league's drug policy, that testing only happens between April 20 and Aug. 9, though players signed or acquired after Aug. 9 can be tested later than that if they haven't been already. In addition, rookies and any players not under contract with a team at the end of the prior season are also subject to pre-employment testing.

-----------------------------------------------

Like I posted before one of the pre draft rumors around CK was he tested positive while in college and some NFL teams were concerned about that although frankly most only worry about pot because the guy can get suspended, they're not concerned about the drug itself.

I have no idea if he's in the program already or not but I have to assume the NFL can test him now if they choose to. Wiki says hair tests work up to 90 days which makes shaving your head a non solution.

The Mercury News says so far they've been told there's no evidence a sexual assault took place, it's just a bizarre situation of her passing out in a hotel room with 3 men and waking up in a hospital room right now.

I would think if the NFL actually investigates they will in fact test him for pot since she claimed it was being used.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
What a thug. When you wear hats backwards to your press conferences this is what happens.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
If this was Wilson, Palmer, or Bradford, we would be shocked . Kaep? Gotta call the vet. Not so much. What is up with that?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson