Remaining Schedule

Reaction score
I went down the list of remaining games for the Suns and Rockets
and tried to make some predictions. I tried to be as unbiased as possible.

Hou
-----
Den W
@NJ L
@Mil W
@Phi L
Orl W
Port L
@Utah L
Sea W
Mem W
@Den W

Win 6 Lose 4 (and a lot of these L's are winnable) (Mem and Sea and Orl are lose-able)
It seems Houston usually beats the crummier teams.

Phx
-----
@Det W
@Ind L
Den W
Min L
@Lak L
@Den W
Dal L
GS W
SA L
@Port L
@Sea W
Win 5 Lose 6

Not good. I hope I'm wrong. Suns have to step it up to a significantly higher level or the season's over. I don't think the Suns will get lucky against SA again. Min seems to always beat the Suns. Who knows against Portland or Indiana? Which Suns team will show up?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
i think things are looking good for the suns. we played with urgency last night. lets hope that carries over.

Hou
-----
Den
@NJ
@Mil
@Phi
Orl
Port
@Utah
Sea
Mem
@Den

looking at houstons schedule, i wonder if they will win more than three. seriosuly, memphis is playing better and houston plays a lot of one on one basketball. they can beat denver and might steal a few more games, but if i was betting on games, it would be hard not to take the other teams on that list against houston.

Phx
-----
@Ind
Den
Min
@Lak
@Den
Dal
GS
SA
@Port
@Sea

the suns road is tough as well, but we play some better teams which we usually play up to. i think we played with some passion. frank told marbury we wanted him to get in the other's faces if they weren't stepping up, lets hope that happens. frank needs to do that too. penny is a big factor, he seemed pretty unhappy last night when he was sent to the bench. lets hope it's only the thumb...

i think the suns can take 6 or 7 of these games. tough raid games against LA and portland, but we've beat portland all three times we've played them this year. indiana will be tough on the road and we will probably lose one home game.

playoffs are all about momentum, and if we could put little run together here and gain some confidence, who knows what could happen!!

what about the job golden state is going too. they are still in it.

Go SUNS!!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
and we will probably lose one home game.

That's overly optimistic. The Suns have not been playing well at home recently. I'd be amazed if they win against either the Spurs or the Mavericks, and I wouldn't count on them beating the Timberwolves either.

The Suns must win the two Denver games, at home against Golden State, and in Seattle. Then maybe they can steal one other that they shouldn't. That would be five wins.

Houston should win at least four of its home games. It is a very soft home schedule. So the Suns have to hope that the Rockets lose either in Milwaukee or in Denver (in addition to the other three road games, which are all tough). That would also be five wins, and the Suns would get the final spot.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
what about the job golden state is going too. they are still in it.

I looked at Golden State's remaining schedule. They are toast! I see maybe one automatic win (Den). I know they are playing very well, but it would take a miracle.

If the Suns (Marbury) continue to play with the passion they (he) did against Detroit, they might just sneak into the playoffs. But I think they need some help from Houston. They need to falter a little. They have a better remaining schedule and all they have to do is tie the Suns.