Ravens fire DC Martindale

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Ravens went a similar path as the Cardinals. They went from the #1 seed to OUT of the playoffs. They are a proud franchise whose only expectation is winning SB’s. They just fired their DC Martindale. The Cardinals should be doing the same. You CANNOT go 1-6 down the stretch & not make some kind of coaching change. If Michael wants us to respect his franchise, he better get off his butt & make a change SOMEWHERE. The Cardinals should give thought to Martindale once they find out VJ’s ultimate status. It would be great beyond words should VJ get the Miami gig. If he doesn’t, we need to show him the door. Martindale’s defenses were super aggressive & top 5 the last 3 seasons until injuries just destroyed that team even before the season started. C’mon Michael. The clock is ticking.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Ravens went a similar path as the Cardinals. They went from the #1 seed to OUT of the playoffs. They are a proud franchise whose only expectation is winning SB’s. They just fired their DC Martindale. The Cardinals should be doing the same. You CANNOT go 1-6 down the stretch & not make some kind of coaching change. If Michael wants us to respect his franchise, he better get off his butt & make a change SOMEWHERE. The Cardinals should give thought to Martindale once they find out VJ’s ultimate status. It would be great beyond words should VJ get the Miami gig. If he doesn’t, we need to show him the door. Martindale’s defenses were super aggressive & top 5 the last 3 seasons until injuries just destroyed that team even before the season started. C’mon Michael. The clock is ticking.

So the RAVENS H-C who blew a number of 4th down calls down the stretch makes Martindale the sacrificial lamb.

I think after a proper post-mortem, Mike B. should make or approve changes he deems necessary and pass on garnering respect from fickle fans.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So the RAVENS H-C who blew a number of 4th down calls down the stretch makes Martindale the sacrificial lamb.

I think after a proper post-mortem, Mike B. should make or approve changes he deems necessary and pass on garnering respect from fickle fans.
In other words, you don't think, you don't have an opinion, and nobody else on a fan message board is allowed to have an opinion either. Thanks, Captain Nancy, first name Negative.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering the injuries that defense had I thought Martindale did a great job. He's certainly better than Vance.

I don't think Vance should be fired for performance but if there's an upgrade available it should always be on the table.

Most importantly Wink started Queen last year despite struggles. He plays rookies and coaches them up.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do we need a new DC? Vance's strategy of "Hey Chandler... beat a double team of blockers or we are screwed, also, linebackers make a huge hole between the hash marks and pray Baker bails you out if they run the ball" is an excellent defense.

Stout

Reaction score
Considering the injuries that defense had I thought Martindale did a great job. He's certainly better than Vance.

I don't think Vance should be fired for performance but if there's an upgrade available it should always be on the table.

Most importantly Wink started Queen last year despite struggles. He plays rookies and coaches them up.
He did incredible work. Held the opposition to 20 points or less a bunch of times.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In other words, you don't think, you don't have an opinion, and nobody else on a fan message board is allowed to have an opinion either. Thanks, Captain Nancy, first name Negative.

Maybe there are some 'other words' to précis my thoughts but these aren't the ones.

I think, have opinions and unlike you, our resident drama queen, prefer to use them judiciously and with an understanding of the process. ;)

Stout

Reaction score
Maybe there are some 'other words' to précis my thoughts but these aren't the ones.

I think, have opinions and unlike you, our resident drama queen, prefer to use them judiciously and with an understanding of the process. ;)
...all the while sniping at others and negging anyone with an opinion. So, you "use your opinions judiciously" by largely not posting them and neg others for their opinions. What does that remind one of on a message board?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
...all the while sniping at others and negging anyone with an opinion. So, you "use your opinions judiciously" by largely not posting them and neg others for their opinions. What does that remind one of on a message board?

My opinions are sometimes in the form of queries, added info and, yes, questioning some that seem unsupported and are little more than gibbering hysterics.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson