Rashad Johnson Signed to a 3-Year Deal

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
WOW, we resign one of the best players from our secondary last year and you call the team losers?

You do realize that the FA period does not start until TOMORROW!!!!

he improved a lot last over the last 2 years. And I love the signing. But I would hardly call him one of the best in the secondary. I think he will continue to improve. He seems like he finally "got it" though

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Beats the alternative. Johnson was a garbage player and an almost total bust before his contract year.

This is the kind of signing that 25+ other NFL teams do all the time. Calling it a good signing on celebrating this just puts in perspective how far this franchise needs to go.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he improved a lot last over the last 2 years. And I love the signing. But I would hardly call him one of the best in the secondary. I think he will continue to improve. He seems like he finally "got it" though

IMHO, he was #3 on in our secondary last year, so yes, I think was one of the in our secondary.

I would put it something like this.

Kerry Rhodes
Patrick Peterson
Rashad Johnson
Greg Toler
Adrian Wilson
James Sanders
Michael Adams
William Gay
Jamell Fleming
Justin Bethel

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Beats the alternative. Johnson was a garbage player and an almost total bust before his contract year.

This is the kind of signing that 25+ other NFL teams do all the time. Calling it a good signing on celebrating this just puts in perspective how far this franchise needs to go.

You must be registered for see images attach

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMHO, he was #3 on in our secondary last year, so yes, I think was one of the in our secondary.

I would put it something like this.

Kerry Rhodes
Patrick Peterson
Rashad Johnson
Greg Toler
Adrian Wilson
James Sanders
Michael Adams
William Gay
Jamell Fleming
Justin Bethel
I think AW was still better. And I don't even have Fleming and Bethel on the list. I put Johnson at average on our D

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Watch out NFCW, here come the Cardinals

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Johnson was in an equal time-share with that vet from NE even at the end of last year. He's not an impact player. If he's making more than $1.2 per season he's being vastly overpaid.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
WOW, we resign one of the best players from our secondary last year and you call the team losers?

You do realize that the FA period does not start until TOMORROW!!!!

That's the sad part...u think he's good.

He couldn't crack the starting lineup with a guy they just cut in front of him.

Did he eat some magic pills and get a lot better?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That's the sad part...u think he's good.

He couldn't crack the starting lineup with a guy they just cut in front of him.

Did he eat some magic pills and get a lot better?

Starting lineup doesn't mean anything. RJ outplayed Wilson last year and Horton benched Dub because of it.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Resign = to leave voluntarily.

Re-sign = To sign-again.

Whenever I see the former in a Cardinal thread, another piece of my tongue winds up swallowed.

I'm with you brother, I've re-signed myself that nothing we do will ever change it.

MWOOD92

All Star
Reaction score
Is it me or does anyone else think Johnson was a product of Horton's system?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
At least now we don't have to worry whether or not they will try and sign any of the good FA Safeties that are available. So there's that.

I liked the Rashad Johnson draft pick but he's been pretty bad. He probably doesn't start for any other NFL team, here he's celebrated.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And 2 INTs, one for TD

OK so 17 plays out of 1000 instead of 15. I still thought he was involved in more plays than that.

EDIT: I knew something was wrong. It appears that profootball-reference.com's tackle stats don't include special teams tackles. They show Justin Bethel with only 1 tackle while nfl.com has him with 13 and Johnson with 13 instead of 20. I thought it odd that a special teams guy like Johnson didn't have more tackles.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Rashad is a marginal player who can play in nickel packages. He's also a slow learner who didn't shine at Bama until his final year and took until his fourth year to play well with the Cardinals.

Greg Toler is a far more important re-sign than Rashad IMO. But he may be bound for Philly or Cleveland.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Could be a good move depending on the contract. Young player who is improving. If he is relatively cheap, he can at least give us depth.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Rashad is a marginal player who can play in nickel packages. He's also a slow learner who didn't shine at Bama until his final year and took until his fourth year to play well with the Cardinals.

Greg Toler is a far more important re-sign than Rashad IMO. But he may be bound for Philly or Cleveland.
Bucs want him badly.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wasn't the same thing said about Adrian Wilson? It wasn't until year three that Wilson really started to understand his role. I see similar things with Johnson.

This signing needed to happen, especially after we let Wilson go.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't the same thing said about Adrian Wilson? It wasn't until year three that Wilson really started to understand his role. I see similar things with Johnson.

This signing needed to happen, especially after we let Wilson go.
I think we're all dreaming if we think Johnson is going to become anywhere near the player AW became. Not saying it can't happen, but I highly doubt it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson