Rams want Jeff Fisher to return as coach in 2016

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
+1

If they were moving to LA I think Fisher would be canned,

I don't think he'd be canned. Fisher is a So Cal native, went to USC and was a Rams coach when they were in So Cal.

He's a home-town guy if the Rams move back. Which I think will happen. I can practically hear the SC marching band welcoming him home. While Kroenke, who knows he'll be tapping into the SC market, has great big dollar $ign$ dancing in his head.

The power and draw of USC in Southern California cannot be underestimated. They are are cult-like. If the Rams return....keeping Fisher is bringing one of the Men of Troy back.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he'd be canned. Fisher is a So Cal native, went to USC and was a Rams coach when they were in So Cal.

He's a home-town guy if the Rams move back. Which I think will happen. I can practically hear the SC marching band welcoming him home. While Kroenke, who knows he'll be tapping into the SC market, has great big dollar $ign$ dancing in his head.

The power and draw of USC in Southern California cannot be underestimated. They are are cult-like. If the Rams return....keeping Fisher is bringing one of the Men of Troy back.

Great points. I'd add that moving a franchise is a ton of work and not having to replace your HC and potentially a GM etc. makes the move even more difficult.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

I think Kroenke would make an insane offer to get Pete Carroll from the Seahawks for all of the reasons you mention above.