Rams Tank Job

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmmm…now NE is in the discussion? Awesome! Between us, the Rams, and the Pats 2023 is starting to show the potential of becoming an epic tankapalooza! :thewave:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know the Cardinals and the Texans are both going to win just enough games to allow the Rams to get the #1 pick and get Caleb Williams.

(And yes, they DO have their own #1 pick next year.)
Yes, but with the Rams' bad luck, Maye will turn out to be the better QB. :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams sold their soul to the devil to win a Super Bowl. Many think is was worth it. But the luster of the shiny trophy soon fades as losing years pile up.
It’s hard to believe it’s been 14 years since our brief moment in the sun. The years go by fast. We live in a “now” lifestyle.
There is a way to build a sustainable winning team but you can’t do it in 1 year. A team also has to look years ahead to do that. Fans can handle watching players leave a team. The smart teams get something in return.
Fans can handle not winning a championship every year if their team is consistently competitive like the Chiefs, Steelers and Patriots.
The Rams are going to be in trouble for a long time.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
interesting to think that had Jimmy Ward (iirc) simply catches an interception Stafford threw to him late in the NFC Champ game, the Rams would have nothing to show for all this

but they do have something to show for it.

I would rather be tearing things down with a SB trophy in the case vs the Cards current situation of tearing things down with very little to show for it

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You know the Cardinals and the Texans are both going to win just enough games to allow the Rams to get the #1 pick and get Caleb Williams.

(And yes, they DO have their own #1 pick next year.)

Hypothetical. Would you sign up for the 2nd and 3rd picks if it means the Rams getting #1? I would.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmmm…now NE is in the discussion? Awesome! Between us, the Rams, and the Pats 2023 is starting to show the potential of becoming an epic tankapalooza! :thewave:
You must be registered for see images attach

Look at this Patriots schedule. That is brutal. I see the Broncos, Raiders and Colts as games I'd favor the Pats. Some might try to include Giants, Commanders or Saints in that list but I think those teams have surpassed the Pats in talent.

Bill may be Bill, but he hasn't hit in the draft for a long time and its starting to show. Their defense looked good last year but they played an absurd number of backup QBs, I think it was at least 8. That's not happening again this year. They probably win 6 next year but I wouldn't be surprised to see them end the season with 3 wins.

Last edited:

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The ultimate tanker may well be the most intriguing aspect of the coming season. We now have us, Rams, Pats, and Bucs. And I would imagine there’ll be yet another 1-2 surprises as well. IMHO it’s going to be loads of fun to see who reveals themselves as the best of the worst.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Bucs schedule is too good for a full on tank. All of those teams in the NFC South are winning too many games for the #1 overall pick IMO. Maybe even 5 to 8 games. Pats fans seem to think they are going to be pretty good this year. 7 to 10 wins good.

Rams & Cards (To Me) are the only ones with a serious enough schedule (while also having the "stench of tankism") that 2 wins could be within the realm of possibilities.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dr. Jones, I must disagree about NE:
1. They are in a tough Conference and Division.
2. Their fans know that the team has been good for a long time. And, it is very hard for them to accept reality.
3. Only the team name and their HC is keeping the National Media from recognizing how bad they'll be. IMO.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Dr. Jones, I must disagree about NE:
1. They are in a tough Conference and Division.
2. Their fans know that the team has been good for a long time. And, it is very hard for them to accept reality.
3. Only the team name and their HC is keeping the National Media from recognizing how bad they'll be. IMO.
Yup... plus all that FA contract money they dished out a couple years ago will start rolling off the payroll next year.

BB is the one coach who can tank without it looking like he's tanking.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Bucs schedule is too good for a full on tank. All of those teams in the NFC South are winning too many games for the #1 overall pick IMO. Maybe even 5 to 8 games. Pats fans seem to think they are going to be pretty good this year. 7 to 10 wins good.

Rams & Cards (To Me) are the only ones with a serious enough schedule (while also having the "stench of tankism") that 2 wins could be within the realm of possibilities.

Both south divisions are putrid. I’d rank them:

Jags
Saints
Bucs
Titans
Falcons
Panthers
Colts
Texans

6 of them could easily be picking top-10….

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Kupp isn't expected to play anytime soon, now...and according to McVay, IR is a strong possibility.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
They had the best QB on the field and he won the Rams the game. In a blowout no less!

And CJ Stroud looked like a jumpy mess in Baltimore today. More please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard