Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 9-25-22

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can live with the loss.

At least it was competitive for the majority of the game.

On the bright side, they likely moved the chains more with AJ Green out of the lineup.

If they can somehow some way get to 3-3 with the return of Hop I think you take that all day every day.
He really should be cut. I know he can’t be while injured. But he’s as washed as many of us feared. No more excuses about Burroughs overthrowing him. Kyler has overthrown him right into his hands.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's partially a joke and partially a stick to the man. Either way, it's a business and people should vote with their money. NFL unfortunately have covered each other backs for failing and underperforming franchises.

I've been a season ticket holder outside of the state traveling more miles in a year than most fans do in a decade, as well as a fan for several decades since I was 5. Don't need to lecture me on any of those things. People can keep pouring money to a business who does not care about them (every business ever).

But sports has an irrationality to it that is quite interesting, even on a worldwide level. Fan is short for fanatic after all.

Huffing and puffing on message board don't do anything. You want change or do you want the same ol Cardinals for decades? What else is there? It would make sense "Diehard fans" would be doing anything to get their voice heard instead of settling for mediocrity at best. Unfortunately only money talks.
The huffing a puffing done on the message board is a way to blow off steam. Everyone on here today will most likely be back next week to do the same thing. It’s what we do and Bidwill could care less if we try and boycott games because another fan will go to the game and the massive TV contract will still put money in his pocket

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Decided to visit a local brewery this afternoon instead of watching what I was certain would be another loss and glad I did. Sounds like coaching killed us, yet again. Statistically the Cards were better, but that only demonstrates how poorly coached we are. How MB can stomach watching such underwhelming efforts week after week I’ll never know. At this point, I don’t believe it’s a stretch to say the Cards are the most poorly coached team in the league.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Decided to visit a local brewery this afternoon instead of watching what I was certain would be another loss and glad I did. Sounds like coaching killed us, yet again. Statistically the Cards were better, but that only demonstrates how poorly coached we are. How MB can stomach watching such underwhelming efforts week after week I’ll never know. At this point, I don’t believe it’s a stretch to say the Cards are the most poorly coached team in the league.
MB is a child and afraid to fire Keim personally. That’s why I’ve said from the get go that the hire will come from within. Michael won’t have the stones to fire Keim so will send his replacement (probably AW) over to do it for him.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Honesty what have you seen from Kyler since he was at A&M that would support this assertion/assumption?

Kyler (and his family) have very firm opinions about how he can and should win and don’t really take kindly to disagreeing with those opinions.
He left A&M because Sumlin was/is an alcoholic.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can't run the ball when it counts the most. That is the first quarter. Only when we are solidly behind do we start to get any gains. Hypothetically, the oline shoiuld be the strength of the entire.team. besides Kyler. But they are not getting done.

The dline isn't getting it done either. Again, especially in the 1st qtr. I honestly think i didn't see a dlineman not named Watt beat a block until the 4th qtr.

.Sure, there are 14 games left but lines have to be a LOT beter or we will struggle to be .500 forget the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was worried that last season was the top of the mountain for the group of Keim, Kliff and Kyler (Vance is not in the club). Frankly, I am tired of arguing over who deserves the most blame because they all deserve some. That said, Bidwill is a cheap owner and a meddler so getting a competent GM/HC combo will be by luck only and not something to count on. Keim is trash. Kliff's act is tired, and Kyler is overrated and unlikable. Vance sucks but he has always sucked. On to Carolina and hope something changes as unlikely as that may be.
Can’t argue with any of this.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honesty what have you seen from Kyler since he was at A&M that would support this assertion/assumption?

Kyler (and his family) have very firm opinions about how he can and should win and don’t really take kindly to disagreeing with those opinions.
I have told you multiple times you don't have a clue about that year at A&M.

You stiill don't.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Conner now has 90 yards rushing through 3 games after signing a top 10 RB contract.

Zach Ertz now has 134 yards receiving and hasn't come down with end zone throws that hit his hands in consecutive weeks after signing a top 10 TE contract.

Early ROI on those contracts is pretty weak.
But hey, at least Conner plays with heart. To hell with production, I guess.

Also tired of Kliff giving Ertz screens like he’s some YAC threat. Just another part of Kliff’s ineptitude.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Or, it proves how deceptive stats can be. The only reason this wasn't a blow out, was because the Rams shot their own foot, several times... But a win, is a win.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish this was the Cardinals reaction after losing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The difference is the Bills know they are the best and should win, deep down the Cards know they aren't very good.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The huffing a puffing done on the message board is a way to blow off steam. Everyone on here today will most likely be back next week to do the same thing. It’s what we do and Bidwill could care less if we try and boycott games because another fan will go to the game and the massive TV contract will still put money in his pocket
I understand that.

But at some point there could be enough pushback. Sports franchises are like the only business model that could have a completely failing product for years and people will still come in droves to spend their hard earned cash year after after year.

The next person in line could, or maybe they won't as perhaps they are not as "diehard" as they used to be or they have higher standards than fans of yore. For the people on this board, they could think twice about where that money could improve their lives instead.

If you spend money towards something you are going to have a stronger attachment (on an already strong attachment based business). The less attachment, the better the mood, especially with an organization such as this. It seems this year may create a lot of jaded fans.

If the best we can do is accept the misery, well, all the power to ya. Unfortunately it seems to come with an emptier wallet. It's taken me too long to understand that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He really should be cut. I know he can’t be while injured. But he’s as washed as many of us feared. No more excuses about Burroughs overthrowing him. Kyler has overthrown him right into his hands.
And right thru his hands and hit him in the face.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Conner now has 90 yards rushing through 3 games after signing a top 10 RB contract.

Zach Ertz now has 134 yards receiving and hasn't come down with end zone throws that hit his hands in consecutive weeks after signing a top 10 TE contract.

Early ROI on those contracts is pretty weak.

Chase looked awesome today as an added burn

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, it proves how deceptive stats can be. The only reason this wasn't a blow out, was because the Rams shot their own foot, several times... But a win, is a win.

The Rams are definitely the better team right now. It's not debatable

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose