R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2023)

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you.

Vince..... I'd hold on to my cash but I have always loved your optimism!
Not always though. I told my boys at halftime of our 2018 opener that we would have the #1 pick in the draft Lol. No Klownsbury on the sideline & probably double digit draft picks that Keim won’t be involved in will mean 6+ wins.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I think this number spikes dramatically if you do it since we opened the stadium.

Obviously this is a Darksider thread and I'm a (temporarily?) former Darksider, so I know it's not really for discussion/argument, but I'm pretty sure we're more near the middle since 2004/2005.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nah, it doesn't. It's comparing a solid turd to loose stool at this point.

The Bidwills and their apologists told us everything would be different once they got a stadium. Same Bidwills.
I feel like the Arians era alone was more winning than the team was beforehand.

Are you saying "it doesn't" because you have done the math, or because you just feel like we're still a bad franchise?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I feel like the Arians era alone was more winning than the team was beforehand.
The BA years were incredible. Then he decided he'd rather "retire" than coach here anymore. :(
Are you saying "it doesn't" because you have done the math,
I started, then it made me sad.
or because you just feel like we're still a bad franchise?
Our last playoff win was 8 years ago. We've played in one playoff game in the subsequent 8 years, and got absolutely destroyed. We're definitely still a bad franchise!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The BA years were incredible. Then he decided he'd rather "retire" than coach here anymore. :(

Our last playoff win was 8 years ago. We've played in one playoff game in the subsequent 8 years, and got absolutely destroyed. We're definitely still a bad franchise!
Again, just talking about win percentage over the past 20 years-ish.

Trust me, I've been down in the dumps about this franchise for the past four years, but I recognize that technically we're better than the early SDS days, and our history before that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Trust me, I've been down in the dumps about this franchise for the past four years, but I recognize that technically we're better than the early SDS days, and our history before that.
Yeah, where you and I differ is that you think there is meaningful change from now and SDS days.

I don't feel like Michael is significantly better or different than Bill in any meaningful way, and that serious change can only happen with a change in ownership - the Bidwill team has had a long time owning a team, and have been putrid. Time to give someone else a chance.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Again, just talking about win percentage over the past 20 years-ish.

The Cards have a .450 record for the last 20 season. So slightly better than the .432 that they have all time but not much. At State Farm (2006-now) they're .480.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this number spikes dramatically if you do it since we opened the stadium.

Obviously this is a Darksider thread and I'm a (temporarily?) former Darksider, so I know it's not really for discussion/argument, but I'm pretty sure we're more near the middle since 2004/2005.
That is true... starting from 2006, they are 130-142-2 in the regular season for a .478 winning percentage, and 5-5 in the playoffs over 17 years.

From 1920-2005, they were 451-648-39 in the regular season for a .413 winning percentage, and 2-6 in the playoffs over 86 years.
Nah, it doesn't. It's comparing a solid turd to loose stool at this point.
Yes, it does. In fact, before their meltdown over the last 1.5 years, when the Cardinals were 10-2 in 2021, they were exactly at .500 in the regular season since the opening of the new stadium.

We all agree that it's still not good enough, but prior to the new stadium, their .413 winning percentage would have them tied for 2nd to last, with the Lions. After the new stadium, their .478 winning percentage would have them just below the mid point at 18th, ahead of the Bears and Giants. It's disingenuous to say that's not a dramatic improvement. It's fine to say that more improvement is needed, and the last 1 1/3 years have sucked.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's disingenuous to say that's not a dramatic improvement.
Thanks for looking up the record post new stadium - to be fair, Phoenix Cardinals was a stunningly putrid time. By my count 91-177, or winning at a 33% clip. My god, just incredibly bad. There is no doubt Mikey has been able to put together a better win/loss record than his dad.

That said, dramatic improvement to me means going from a joke of a franchise to a respected franchise. I don't think anyone here would make the argument the Cardinals franchise is anywhere near respected in any meaningful way. The last 6 months in particular have made that clear.

The problems appear to go beyond a roster/cap situation that was destroyed by a complete incompetent. The complaints throughout the player surveys and defections/retirements/spurned interviews/general sense that nobody wants to be a Cardinal these days is particularly discouraging.

That's where any big proclamations of progress or change ring hollow to me.

the last 1 1/3 years have sucked.
Hear hear! Hoping that Monti and Gannon have something big up their sleeves!

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score

Hence, one good reason why MadJack has bailed out for renewing tix - after 30 years!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah, where you and I differ is that you think there is meaningful change from now and SDS days.
There is. Absolutely. I remember year after year of starting UDFAs.

Any time the Cardinals picked up anyone during the year it was a PS caliber player.
I don't feel like Michael is significantly better or different than Bill in any meaningful way, and that serious change can only happen with a change in ownership - the Bidwill team has had a long time owning a team, and have been putrid. Time to give someone else a chance.
He's better, but still not good enough.

Phoenix deserves a legitimate wealthy owner

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is. Absolutely. I remember year after year of starting UDFAs.

Any time the Cardinals picked up anyone during the year it was a PS caliber player.

He's better, but still not good enough.

Phoenix deserves a legitimate wealthy owner

Ask me later how that works out with the Suns.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ask me later how that works out with the Suns.
Using my crystal ball, I can tell you with confidence it will be much better than under Sarver! We won't hear any Kendrick style bs about being a steward of the game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using my crystal ball, I can tell you with confidence it will be much better than under Sarver! We won't hear any Kendrick style bs about being a steward of the game.

I hope so although the Suns had turned the corner the past several seasons with James Jones as the GM.

This in no way supports Robert Sarver... just saying.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was done with Sarver when he was selling first round picks.

Pro sports is a billionaires game. Michael Bidwill isn't a billionaire. He should sell the team to a legitimate owner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose