Quick Reactions - Preseason Game 2

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by TJ, Aug 15, 2019.

1. TJ

TJ Suge White

Couple of quick hitters:

The offensive line is not good in pass pro, but we don’t spend enough time talking about how few running lanes they open up. I didn’t see any until the 4th quarter the Slippery Rock RB was in. This is going to hinder KK’s offense since defenders will sag into coverage

Kyler Murray was awful today. The line didn’t help, but he was air mailing throws even when his feet were set. Not once did he cross his own 40 yard line, and he has yet to get beyond midfield in any of his five drives in preseason so far. This is against #1 and #2 defenses. I still think he’ll be good, but he’s not as plug-and-play as people believed him to be. Murray needs time to learn the speed of the game.

Hundley has looked sharp. This offense suits him well. If Murray weren’t a #1 pick or even a first round pick, there would be talk of a QB competition (this is not an endorsement for Hundley to be the starter).

3-4 or 4-3. It doesn’t matter. You need players to play. We have weaknesses at ILB and the d-line. This team will be lucky to be better than 25th in rushing yards allowed. It looked remarkably similar to last season’s team

With Alford and PP21 out an extended period of time and the state of the interior, this defense will resemble that of Texas Tech.

Zane Gonzales is fine. We don’t need to bring in competition

Chase Edmunds is going to be sneaky good this season

If Sherfield wasn’t already on the 53-man roster, he guaranteed his place tonight. It didn’t make sense before, but now it certainly makes no sense to bring in another WR, especially a dude like Crabtree. He’s catching almost everything in his radius and plays on special teams.

Nice to see Isabella get that long, contested TD catch. That was very aggressive and he had the jets even with a bum knee.

Yes, it’s preseason, but some deficits are starting to materialize. I can see Murray figuring things out sooner rather than later. For the life of me, I can’t imagine this defense being any better than below average.

bojack, cardncubfan, Cardiac and 5 others like this.
  2. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I’m praying Reddick has a breakout season. I really don’t want to see Gardeck starting at ILB any time soon.

3. TJ

TJ Suge White

It’s telling that he was still in the game in the 4th quarter. That wasn’t by accident.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  4. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

You’re gonna be praying for a loooooong time.

5. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I rewatched all the Kyler throws. 3 of the misses he either had a pass rusher in his face or had been flushed out by a pass rusher. now escapability and plays on the run are supposed to be his thing and 2 of them were that type of play where he got away but missed. The 3rd was just overthrown. The one near the goalline there was pressure but he had time and overthrew it.

So not good but not as bad as I thought at first look.

It is concerning that the Raiders had a terrible pass rush last year and got 2 sacks and 4 pressures on Murray in the time he was in there.

6. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

KM got sacked & gave up safety without getting even close to an actual hit landed. Those legs saving his life sooner than expected.

daves likes this.
  7. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

The offense does not worry me with a rookie head coach/QB running vanilla schemes and protections against a defense throwing the kitchen sink at them.... now, the defense has more issues than a married politician dating a crack whore lol

Cardiac, daves, Osbern61 and 3 others like this.
  8. BigRedArk

BigRedArk Registered User

It looked like Oakland was the team running the Air Raid(er) Offense tonight.

wkycardsfan likes this.
  9. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

Yeah I replayed the first quarter offense for my wife when she got home. Not as bad when I had a chance to rewatch. The penalties were mind numbing. You can’t constantly have 3rd and 16. Three of those penalties were on Kyler so he wasn’t helping himself today.

Pedro Gomez was on Sports Center and said that the NFL has clarified the hand clap thing. Basically you can fake slap your hands. However just like a hard count you need to keep your upper body and head still (no jerking your body). Otherwise it is simulating a snap. I guess now is the time to figure these things out. Not sure why the officials that have been at practice haven’t brought this up before.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    daves, New Mexico and Cardsfaninlouky like this.
  10. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

"He was telling HOF WR where to line up"

Chopper0080 likes this.
  11. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

It’s amazing that people are coming in to truther 2-for-14 or whatever. Has Kyler crossed midfield in 2 games?

#AirRevolution

EDIT: 3 of 8 for 12 yards?! “Actually he was really good!”

Chopper0080 and NJCardFan like this.
  12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Agree with everything in this thread.

Our defense looks atrocious. We have no d line. Gardeck is slow and has zero instincts. And to think we are relying on the light coming on for Reddick is a frightening concept. Add in that we won’t have our starting corners for it looks like a few games and I’m still waiting to see baker become the next badger . . . and, well . . . lots of bad football ahead.

wkycardsfan likes this.
  13. Arz101

Arz101 Registered

It will be a surprise if Bidwill himself doesn't get a DUI tonight.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

jason_0891, MrYeahbut, legend and 3 others like this.
  14. AZCats

AZCats Free Agent

Kingsbury and Murray are basically running a college offense in the NFL. This team is going to get destroyed in a whole lot of games this year. If Kingsbury is the coach next year I will be surprised. Both Kingsbury and Murray are going to be two of the biggest mistakes the Cardinals have ever made. I am still irritated they drafted Murray. I just don't understand why so many idiot coaches and GMs continue to draft these style of QBs when there is overwhelming proof they never pan out.

15. TJ

TJ Suge White

3/8

That’s a hell of a batting average for a Major League Baseball player. :cool: