Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Promising Young Woman

Release Date: April 17, 2020
Studio: Focus Features
Director: Emerald Fennell
MPAA Rating: R for strong violence including sexual assault, language throughout, some sexual material and drug use
Screenwriter: Emerald Fennell
Genre: Drama, Comedy

Starring: Carey Mulligan, Bo Burnham, Alison Brie, Connie Britton, Adam Brody, Jennifer Coolidge, Laverne Cox, Max Greenfield, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Sam Richardson, Molly Shannon

Plot Summary: Everyone said Cassie was a promising young woman until a tragic event abruptly derailed her future. Now she’s a medical school drop-out, living at home with her worried parents and working at a coffee shop with a concerned boss. It seems like she is at a standstill, except for the double life Cassie leads at night.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the previews of this tell you nothing about the movie. had to google the plot to find out I was interested.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got a screener of this. Stoked. Was hoping I’d get one. Prob watch this weekend.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was...I don't want to say a lot of "fun" to watch. This was...uncomfortably good. Makes you squirm in the seat and feel awkward. This movie also wasn't exactly what I was expecting, so the feeling that I knew everything by watching the preview was good. Yes, some of it was quite predictable, but damn, was it a good watch. The directing in particular was spot on, but the acting and writing weren't far behind at all. Glad I forked out the dough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really good movie. My only complaint was I got totally taken out of the movie when Max Greenberg went full Schmidt from New Girl at the end.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Fantastic film.

The very first scene writer Emerald Fennell thought of was a female character lying on a bed while someone takes her pants down, as she is drunkenly asking "What are you doing?", then asking the same question in a completely sober manner. She wrote the rest of the film based on this idea, and the full scene did end up in the finished film.

That was the moment I knew I was in for a wild ride.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I'm reading here it doesn't seem like my kind of movie but I really like Carey Mulligan so I'll probably give it try soon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose