Pro Wrestling

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s gotta be guys here who watch. One thread for WWF/WWE, AEW, New Japan all that good stuff.

Who are some of your all time favorites/ moments.

I was a kid and a Hulkamaniac in the 80, came back during the Monday night wars and the attitude era now almost 40 and I still watch it.

Anyone order the AEW card.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Did not order AEW but went to Takeover and Royal Rumble in January in Phoenix.

Sanders is a wrestling fan too.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I ordered the AEW card love what those guys are doing over there.

Really good card. Pac vs Kenny Omega was really good, Jericho vs Hangman Page was pretty damn good but The Young Bucks vs The Lucha Brothers was flat out insane. Maybe cause I’m older now but they need to just get rid of these ladder matches.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’m loving the Baylee heel turn by the way

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus I hate WWE. Heel AJ is the best thing they got going and what do they do? Have him take an L against Cedric Alexander. Why just why?

Baron Corbin beats Samoa Joe and Ricochet to advance to the king of the ring finals WTF!!!!!!

I just don’t get it.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
There’s gotta be guys here who watch. One thread for WWF/WWE, AEW, New Japan all that good stuff.

Who are some of your all time favorites/ moments.

I was a kid and a Hulkamaniac in the 80, came back during the Monday night wars and the attitude era now almost 40 and I still watch it.

Anyone order the AEW card.

Ha! I was a huuuge Hulkamaniac. Watched every match I could find on tv. Even a local show every saturday night at 11pm called Portland Wrestling. Wrestlemania was the greatest thing ever at the time! I was 11, the perfect age to eat that stuff up.

Eventually lost interest and then came back for a brief period in 92-93. Can't remember why, but I remember liking the undertaker.

I honestly had no idea it was still going on.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I haven't missed a raw since 1997.

Huge Indy fan most of the time now and am ready for NXT vs. AEW

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
With work and family continuing to take up more of my time, the only reason I am paying attention outside of NXT Takeovers is Bray Wyatt. Only interesting thing since Becky’s fan-fueled run to main event of Mania (which they messed up by over complicating it).

And I fear NXT will get too watered down going 2 hours every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Becky needs to drop this belt to Banks in the worst way but that won’t happen because WWE has no faith in the fans. The heels pretty much never go over today with the company. It’s become paint by numbers.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ha! I was a huuuge Hulkamaniac. Watched every match I could find on tv. Even a local show every saturday night at 11pm called Portland Wrestling. Wrestlemania was the greatest thing ever at the time! I was 11, the perfect age to eat that stuff up.

Eventually lost interest and then came back for a brief period in 92-93. Can't remember why, but I remember liking the undertaker.

I honestly had no idea it was still going on.
You had no idea it's still going on?! Where do you live?

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AEW makes it debut tonight.

Big week for the business. I’ll be rooting for the upstart company and Cody

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ha what a POS PPV tonight. Hell in a Cell just hammered home how uncreative WWE has gotten. They flat out refuse to put over heels anymore. Banks, Baylee, AJ and the Fiend all got jobbed out.

Ends with massive Boo’s and the crowd chanting AEW.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
The whole Rusev/Lana/Lashley storyline is WWE trash at its finest.

They totally botched the Fiend/Rollins match too. Losing hope and interest by the week.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The whole Rusev/Lana/Lashley storyline is WWE trash at its finest.

They totally botched the Fiend/Rollins match too. Losing hope and interest by the week.

All of that stuff is total trash IMO. None of it is over, or has a lasting impact. The WWE is a caricature of what it once was.

How about the controversy coming out of Saudi Arabia? What a sh+t show that whole thing was.

And how about Fox already pushing them to FS1 during the world series? hat was supposed to never happen and it happened 3 weeks in! hahaha

Atleast AEW makes me smile. Jericho is still amazing and the match quality is there.

Finally NXT. Great wrasslin, but the talent isn't given their usual time to breathe. I think they really need that.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All of that stuff is total trash IMO. None of it is over, or has a lasting impact. The WWE is a caricature of what it once was.

How about the controversy coming out of Saudi Arabia? What a sh+t show that whole thing was.

And how about Fox already pushing them to FS1 during the world series? hat was supposed to never happen and it happened 3 weeks in! hahaha

Atleast AEW makes me smile. Jericho is still amazing and the match quality is there.

Finally NXT. Great wrasslin, but the talent isn't given their usual time to breathe. I think they really need that.

Jesus that Chris Jericho promo package tonight was just hilarious. The cameo by Virgil was priceless.

WWE is just so bad it’s damn near unwatchable. I just don’t get it. They really do have no much talent but just no creativity at all. You look at the promos guys like Cody or Jericho can cut off the fly and WWE would never give the guys/ women the freedom to do that.

WWE refuses to create interesting heels.

I love NXT. For my money Ciampa, Gargano and Adam Cole are about as good as it gets in ring and out, but given there size Vince would never put them over.

the Saudi thing is very interesting apparently it was an argument between Vince and the Prince about payment wtf

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Jesus that Chris Jericho promo package tonight was just hilarious. The cameo by Virgil was priceless.

WWE is just so bad it’s damn near unwatchable. I just don’t get it. They really do have no much talent but just no creativity at all. You look at the promos guys like Cody or Jericho can cut off the fly and WWE would never give the guys/ women the freedom to do that.

WWE refuses to create interesting heels.

I love NXT. For my money Ciampa, Gargano and Adam Cole are about as good as it gets in ring and out, but given there size Vince would never put them over.

the Saudi thing is very interesting apparently it was an argument between Vince and the Prince about payment wtf
Soultrain Jones!!!! hahahaha I met Virgil in a mall once. Great guy.

I love NXT as well..... But really have mixed feelings about the size of the guys you mentioned. All three are top 5% talented but would look up to HBK in a staredown. That Dijakovich (sp?) guy as well as Velveteen Dream really have my attention.

Cody & Chris are putting WWE to shame right now. And for the record, Chris Jericho is on my Mt. Rushmore at this point. His subtle reinventions are absolute genius.

WHO WEARS A SCARF TO THE RING????? hahaha

Edit: forgot Matt Riddle..... he needs to fix some of his gimmick, but the dude is for real.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pure gold

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You had no idea it's still going on?! Where do you live?
Ha! I don't know why. I pretty much just watch Cards, Redzone, Suns, HBO, Netflix and Stephen Colbert.

I'd actually like to check out the product. I had a blast following it back in the day. I'd give it a chance if I can find it. How do you watch?

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge weekend. War Games and Survivor Series

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow

pretty much the best women’s match in the history of the business. That’s was pretty crazy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose