Prelim FA Targets - Reclamation Projects

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here are some free agent names that could be options as reclamation projects. These guys have all failed, but may have something to offer.

Luke Joeckel - OT
*He is not a good player. But, the Jags didn't help him by moving him to OG where his lack of functional strength was highlighted even more. This is a player who has limited confidence, but was drafted highly because he has athleticism which is still there. More to the point, I would rather pay 3 mil to have a OT off the bench who has been a starter than not.

Jarvis Jones - LB
*Jones was drafted to be an edge rusher for the Steelers. What I never understood is why you would do so i a defense that prefers guys like James Harrison who can bench a bus. Jones was never going to make it outside in a 3-4, but what he still has the potential to be is an athletic ILB in a 3-4. Jones also still has the ability to a sub package stand up rusher which would be helpful to keep our other rushers rested. A group of Deone Bucannon, Kevin Minter, Sio Moore and Jarvis Jones would not be the best ILB corp in the league, but would offer a wide range of skills to make up a serviceable group.

Datone Jones - DL
*Jones never developed into the power De the Packers were looking for when they drafted him. He wasn't Mike Daniels, and could not occupy blockers to free up Nick Perry and Clay Matthews. However, a player that Jones does remind me a bit of is Frostee Rucker. Another body to rotate into games who can make plays with speed up front but won't have to hold up to a ton of snaps.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Looking at Joekel, he is one reason why the draft is such a crap shoot. It seemed most evaluations had him with the potential to be a freaking Hall of Famer and that was not the case at all. I do like Jarvis Jones, and think he could excel with the Cards :)