Preferred 1st Round Opponent 2021 Playoffs

Who would you like to see in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beverly is a cheap shot artist that injures people. We would beat Minny in 4-5 games, but it's the injury thing that makes me want to avoid them.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't remember the Bulls and Lakers in their prime worried about who they would play. They let the other teams worry about playing them. That's how I remember it. We are the ones who knock.

Oh that’s not true at all. My cousin is a big time laker fan and I def remember those conversations about not wanting to have to through both SA and Sac

Those were pretty much the 3 best teams in the NBA whoever won the west was pretty much going to roll over who came out of the East

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If we sweep a George-led Clippers team, the media will have to give us the respect we deserve.
Oh, my sweet optimistic friend! If we swept our way to the Finals, I can assure you there would still be plenty of haters and unbelievers.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is pretty much a "which team do you dislike more personally and would love nothing more than to embarrass them over the course of 4 games" poll.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beverly is a cheap shot artist that injures people. We would beat Minny in 4-5 games, but it's the injury thing that makes me want to avoid them.

Yep, at the end of our last game, 2 minutes to go, he acts like he is running up to foul on purpose (which made no sense given the moment) and instead just dove at Booker's knees.

If he ruined our season by injuring one or 2 of our guys (again) it would do some real damage to my love of the NBA.

That scumbag shouldn't be in the league.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I know the poll is who do you want to play but instead I chose who I think it’s most likely we’ll play which is the Timberwolves. I think Clippers take it tonight and I don’t see the Wolves losing two.

capologist

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, my sweet optimistic friend! If we swept our way to the Finals, I can assure you there would still be plenty of haters and unbelievers.
You may be right. Let’s go 16-1 and find out. And let it be the Grizz who give us the one blemish on our perfect record. (Sorry, I like them.)

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the poll is who do you want to play but instead I chose who I think it’s most likely we’ll play which is the Timberwolves. I think Clippers take it tonight and I don’t see the Wolves losing two.

Well that's not happening, although I thought the same.

It's now down to Clips, Spurs, and Pelicans.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This explains what's happening in the Western Conference play-in.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopin for any team in 1st round not named after a office supply lol

Lets gooooo suns!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, we're likely playing the Clips now which is what I didn't want but that's OK. Plus, you never know. We will still beat them but I don't see it being easy.
I wouldn't quite count out the Pelicans. But, it is likely to be the Clippers which kind of sucks. That would be an ugly, physical opponent who will beat us up some even in a sweep.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the Clippers won't have much, if any, momentum if we face them. I was a little worried they're add George and go on a real run before the playoffs so we'd be playing them while they're hot.

I would like to see San Antonio upset everyone but I think the Pelicans could play spoiler and knock them out and then the Clips. They're who I wanted to play the least.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't quite count out the Pelicans. But, it is likely to be the Clippers which kind of sucks. That would be an ugly, physical opponent who will beat us up some even in a sweep.

I wouldn't count the Pelicans out either. A lot depends on a healthy Ingram.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Then you’re using a very small subset of fans to represent them all. The internet is a more accurate indicator due to volume. You couldn’t have possibly known the thought process of “lakers fans” unless you lived in LA and constantly listened to sports radio back in the day, which you may have for all I know.

Regardless, you still ignored the most important differentiator between those teams our suns - in the “prime” (as you stated) those teams had already won one or more championships. We have not. Given our franchise’s history I would not be surprised to learn many suns fans are hopeful this season but worried about being a snakebit organization in regards to the ultimate prize.

I'm anxious that we are going to be overconfident

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I think we’re positioned very well for the first two rounds. However, the WCFs are going to be a knock down, drag out fight probably with the Warriors.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we’re positioned very well for the first two rounds. However, the WCFs are going to be a knock down, drag out fight probably with the Warriors.
Yep. Best scenario for the first two rounds. Save Memphis or the Warriors for the final. Just glad we don't have to go through both of them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose