prediction time: What happens with Kyrie Irving?

How will the Suns factor in a Kyrie Irving trade?

• Irving gets traded to the Suns

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Irving gets traded somewhere else, and the Suns are involved in a multi-way deal

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Irving gets traded somewhere else, and the Suns aren't involved

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Irving doesn't get traded

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
He will be traded to Phoenix. The Suns cannot trade Josh Jackson until August 4th.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The fact is, as they would be configured under many of these proposed trade scenarios, the Suns would still be a bad team WITH the addition of Irving. Heck, even if Cleveland were somehow to agree to send him here for nothing but future draft picks, we still only be treading water for the next two years as a marginal playoff contender due to the youth of most of the rest of the roster.

But any of the supposed trade scenarios that would bring Irving to Phoenix would not measurably improve our situation, AND would leave us without much of a future, moreso when Irving bolts in two years, as seems inevitable.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did Kobe ever play with another guard who wanted to jack up 20 shots a game? Yeah... no.

Kobe played with Shaq and those Two hated eachother matter fact Kobe even demanded to be traded flat out made it clear it was him or Shaq.

And as Kobe got older and he learned to trust his teammates that's when he became really great and won even more rings

Errntknght

Reaction score
I haven't heard any rumors that the Suns have caved, or are about to, on including Jackson in the trade. We are also not on Kyrie's list of acceptable destinations.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Give me this list please. Where did you see it?

No matter what happens if Bledsoe ends up in Cleveland with Leflop I hope he has a career year, goes to the all star game and the finals. He's been good for us.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares where Irving wants to go! Unless he wants to sign a contract extension NOW then his thoughts really don't pertain because he's just a two year rental.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who cares where Irving wants to go! Unless he wants to sign a contract extension NOW then his thoughts really don't pertain because he's just a two year rental.

Well remember if all these guys pan out Booker, Warren, Chriss, Bender and Jackson your not going to be able to pay everyone anyway. There's a reason OKC traded Harden

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well remember if all these guys pan out Booker, Warren, Chriss, Bender and Jackson your not going to be able to pay everyone anyway. There's a reason OKC traded Harden
If GS can find a way to keep 4 stars plus field a complete 15 man roster than anyone can. Maybe someone will have to take less than the max but if you're in dynasty mode that's a reasonable sacrifice. Make $25M a year and have a shot at multiple rings = no brainer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OKC traded Harden because they were stupid and short sighted.

And if our biggest problem is having too many good players then... GREAT!

Trading for Irving means losing some of those guys and then facing the very realistic prospect of losing Irving for nothing, regardless of cap space.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If GS can find a way to keep 4 stars plus field a complete 15 man roster than anyone can. Maybe someone will have to take less than the max but if you're in dynasty mode that's a reasonable sacrifice. Make $25M a year and have a shot at multiple rings = no brainer.

They haven't kept them all yet we'll find out after next year.

You also have to remember they have an owner who is willing to pay an insane amount in luxury tax and Sarver won't do that given his track record.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bledsoe is on the same contract timeline, will want the same money, is just as likely to not sign with us, and is 3 years older.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm looking at Bled and Kyrie's numbers. Bled is almost as good, makes less in salary, fits in well with his teammates, and won't cost us players and draft picks. To me it's a no brainer.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at Bled and Kyrie's numbers. Bled is almost as good, makes less in salary, fits in well with his teammates, and won't cost us players and draft picks. To me it's a no brainer.

Again, you are looking at an Age 24 season (learning) and comparing it to an inferior age 27 season (peaking) and saying it is equal.

It literally makes no difference that they are the same now. It matters where they are in 2 years when they are both free agents. One is a year from entering prime, one is leaving prime. That is when our team is going to be excelling.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bledsoe is on the same contract timeline, will want the same money, is just as likely to not sign with us, and is 3 years older.

Yeah there are similarities but Bledsoe is the defacto leader of the team..he might feel some leadership responsibility and may feel a little obligated to stay. Especially if the suns are a close team and improve significantly in the next couple years.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, you are looking at an Age 24 season (learning) and comparing it to an inferior age 27 season (peaking) and saying it is equal.

It literally makes no difference that they are the same now. It matters where they are in 2 years when they are both free agents. One is a year from entering prime, one is leaving prime. That is when our team is going to be excelling.

Even when Bleds contract is up he'd still probably have another good contract in him and stay at a decent level.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Suns would like to add Kyrie and then grab a big name FA like Cousins next summer. We would then be ready to contend for the playoffs with the following line-up.

Irving
Booker
Jackson
Chriss/Bender
Cousins

We'd also be adding another likely high lotto pick to the team that summer as well.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
No doubt he is better than Bledsoe and will be even better in two years, but a) will he resign here, and b) will he make us contenders (more than Warren/Chriss/Bender + a high draft pick will)?

I doubt he'll resign and even though he's probably better than any of those three and the pick, putting up stats and making a team better is not always the same.

I'm still leaning on pass, but what do I know.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
If James Jones thinks he's a swell guy and a winner then I hope they bring him in and convince him to stay with us. He should know.

chickenhead

Reaction score

I think we're going to be looking for another PG in two years regardless, so there's no point in giving up assets in the meantime. If Ulis were just a little better now I'd be advocating for trading Bledsoe for an expiring and more picks.