Prediction: Sam Darnold to Niners

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
With murmurs that the Jets could move on and draft a QB I’m fearing that SF trades for Darnold. Maybe not until the offseason. Sam with a solid coach/support system would be a problem. Jimmy’s cap hit is $2.5 next season if cut.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
With murmurs that the Jets could move on and draft a QB I’m fearing that SF trades for Darnold. Maybe not until the offseason. Sam with a solid coach/support system would be a problem. Jimmy’s cap hit is $2.5 next season if cut.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I didn't think of this and now I hate you for putting it in my mind.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
"NFL executives doubt that the New York Jets currently would be able to get back a 1st-round pick for Sam Darnold, though there is plenty of season left."

Sounds familiar

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jimmy G getting paid a lot of money and just got benched Sunday.

They have to cut him this offseason.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think Darnold could be a very good QB and Jets would be dumb. What they need is a good coach and some better players.

If the Jets draft a rookie QB that guy is going to get destroyed on this team.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like he played like crap and the team blames his injury. We'll see what this weekend says.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I didn't think of this and now I hate you for putting it in my mind.

I hate myself for going there.

I actually think Darnold could be a very good QB and Jets would be dumb. What they need is a good coach and some better players.

If the Jets draft a rookie QB that guy is going to get destroyed on this team.

Might be a situation when both sides need a change of scenery and you don’t pass on Lawrence.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Jimmy G's contract is prime for cutting next year. Only 3m in cap hit to 49ers.

Maybe he goes back to NE.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate myself for going there.

Might be a situation when both sides need a change of scenery and you don’t pass on Lawrence.

Maybe but dropping Lawrence in this dumpster fire would wreck him. In my opinion it's much smarter to trade the high pick and use them to give Darnold more talent around him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe but dropping Lawrence in this dumpster fire would wreck him. In my opinion it's much smarter to trade the high pick and use them to give Darnold more talent around him.

The Jets have Becton at LT. Add Lawrence, another OL or two, a #1/#2 receiver, and a better head coach....watch, they will turn it around

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Garrapolo >>> Darnold.

Jimmy G has frankly rarely lost an NFL game. It's a bit rich to bench him and blame him for underperformance when virtually his entire team is on IR.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Garrapolo >>> Darnold.

Jimmy G has frankly rarely lost an NFL game. It's a bit rich to bench him and blame him for underperformance when virtually his entire team is on IR.

He hasn't won many either.

Dude is the poster child for caretaker QB. Doesn't make killer mistake, but also rarely makes plays on his own.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Darnold loved him at USC but this strikes me somewhat as what Kyle Shanahan's dad did years ago getting Plummer. He was convinced he would fix him, he DID make him MUCH better than he was as a Cardinal, but in the end he realized I'm never going to win a Super Bowl with this guy at QB, I spend all my time gameplanning around his tendency to make dumb mistakes.

So far Darnold is similar, better arm but similar in terms of tendency to just make mind numbing dumb decisions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Garrapolo >>> Darnold.

Drew Stanton had a winning record here...

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garrapolo >>> Darnold.

Beathard and Mullen looked as bad or worse. It's an I R problem.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson