Potential Trade Target

Jay Train

Reaction score
What are y'all's thoughts on Danilo Gallinari? If he can stay healthy, he's a very high quality SF/PF (18pts 6rbs type). Would a Morrii for Danilo/Vesely trade be fair? Or are y'all optimistic that the Morrii haven't hit their ceilings yet?

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'd rather keep Markieff then Danilo. Danilo has had a lot of injuries, is a smaller player, older than Markieff, and I think Markieff still has a bit more growth until he reaches his ceiling.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are y'all's thoughts on Danilo Gallinari? If he can stay healthy, he's a very high quality SF/PF (18pts 6rbs type). Would a Morrii for Danilo/Vesely trade be fair? Or are y'all optimistic that the Morrii haven't hit their ceilings yet?

I'd pass. I'm hopeful that each of the twins still has more room to grow but the real reason I'd pass is this deal just doesn't meet our needs. The only reason we'd need Vesely would be if we were to give up a better player (Markieff) in order to get him. We're in pretty good shape at small forward even though a healthy Danilo would be a nice addition to a team playing our style. But we'd probably have more interest in sending you the twins if it was Javale and Danilo coming back to us (assuming the medical checked out),

Steve

OP
OP
J

Jay Train

Reaction score
I'd pass. I'm hopeful that each of the twins still has more room to grow but the real reason I'd pass is this deal just doesn't meet our needs. The only reason we'd need Vesely would be if we were to give up a better player (Markieff) in order to get him. We're in pretty good shape at small forward even though a healthy Danilo would be a nice addition to a team playing our style. But we'd probably have more interest in sending you the twins if it was Javale and Danilo coming back to us (assuming the medical checked out),

Steve

That's a good point. I like the idea of a Javale/Danilo trade too, but their contracts are HUGE

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. I like the idea of a Javale/Danilo trade too, but their contracts are HUGE

Yeah considering injuries, salaries and Javale's questionable basketball IQ it's probably not in our future. Too bad we don't have any bad contracts to send back to Denver in exchange. McGee would be a nice fit for out team and with Markieff gone Danilo would fill the PF spot decently. We don't expect rebounding from that spot so he'd fit in nicely.:)

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Isn't he a FA?

Errntknght

Reaction score
Looking over the Knicks roster Cole Aldrich caught my eye. Very much a bit player but he rebounded 13.8/36min and his defensive FG against is very good at 43.6%. Career rebounding (4 yrs of slender minutes) is 11.5. It makes me wonder why he's a bit player... heck his career FG% is .540 so he's efficient, too. Career blocks 2.6/36. I just noticed the last for game of the season he played 7, 18, 26 and 40 minutes... 25 % of his minutes in 4 games. Looks like he was a free agent but the Knicks have resigned him.
He was the 11th overall pick in 2010 by NO but has been with OKC, Sac and NY, pretty much glued to the bench at every stop despite promising numbers. Anyone know the story on him? I'd take him as a sweetner in any deal with them.

They have another young PF, Jeremy Tyler 6'10 250 who's stats are also pretty fair and he has a good FG% against, too... 48%. Second round pick by Cha in 2011. 23 years old. Numbers are generally on the upswing. We should keep an eye on both these guys since they don't seem to be very highly valued.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking over the Knicks roster Cole Aldrich caught my eye. Very much a bit player but he rebounded 13.8/36min and his defensive FG against is very good at 43.6%. Career rebounding (4 yrs of slender minutes) is 11.5. It makes me wonder why he's a bit player... heck his career FG% is .540 so he's efficient, too. Career blocks 2.6/36. I just noticed the last for game of the season he played 7, 18, 26 and 40 minutes... 25 % of his minutes in 4 games. Looks like he was a free agent but the Knicks have resigned him.
He was the 11th overall pick in 2010 by NO but has been with OKC, Sac and NY, pretty much glued to the bench at every stop despite promising numbers. Anyone know the story on him? I'd take him as a sweetner in any deal with them.

They have another young PF, Jeremy Tyler 6'10 250 who's stats are also pretty fair and he has a good FG% against, too... 48%. Second round pick by Cha in 2011. 23 years old. Numbers are generally on the upswing. We should keep an eye on both these guys since they don't seem to be very highly valued.

I like both Aldrich and Tyler, I'd be happy with getting Aldrich as either a third center for depth or assurance since I don't think Len could stay healthy all year even playing backup minutes. I think Cole could fit as either the third center but also I think he has enough talent and hustle that he would make Len earn the backup role rather than just being given it due to lack of options. I think Tyler is more of a traditional PF in how he plays, bit of a banger down low, but he has a big frame and good size which means the Suns would use him almost exclusively at Center. I'd feel good about getting either with a second rounder, I don't think they would command much more than that in a trade. We don't really have anyone other than maybe Marcus whose contract would be the right size to trade for both that New York may be interested in and I wouldn't do that trade because I don't think separating the twins for players who at most would be backups this year. Alone though either should be available at a low cost. Not really that high of reward to be had from either as I don't think either has the potential to break out and be a solid starter in the league but given the chance either or both could be good backups. I'd prefer Tyler as I think his ceiling might be a little higher, I think at best he could be the first big off the bench for a fringe playoff team, and I'd feel better about him playing either the 4 or 5 than Aldrich who I think is more of a 5 and could only play very limited time at the 4 in certain situations.