Potential good news on Holliday

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
I'm telling ya, we're gonna be the "last man standing' once this is all said and done. :thumbup:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6282664

Miller time? While the owners meeting unofficially marks the end of the initial free-agency boom, one former Pro Bowl player is just beginning to make the rounds.

Jamir Miller, who missed last season with a ruptured Achilles', is beginning to make his free-agent appearances, which is not good news for fellow free agent Vonnie Holliday. Miller is talking to the Bucs and Ravens, and the Chiefs say they too are planning to bring him in for a visit next week. As noted last week, Miller has bulked up in order to play rush end if a team chooses to play him with his hand on the ground.

Holliday, meanwhile, has placed himself out of the high-priced market. At one point, it seemed as if the former Packers defensive end would cash in big time, but now some teams are waiting to get him at a bargain provided the suitors continue to walk away. One team who saw his medical report said it is littered with enough notations, they would be extremely cautious if they were to pursue him.

X-29Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
Probably never gonna happen, but I would like to see the Cards bring Jamir in for a look. Give him a physical.

When healthy, he was a real good player, and he could get the corner on a pass rush.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by X-29Fan
Probably never gonna happen, but I would like to see the Cards bring Jamir in for a look. Give him a physical.

When healthy, he was a real good player, and he could get the corner on a pass rush.

That'll happen when hell freezes over, or pigs begin to fly.

OP
OP
Red Air Force

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Just that as other teams continue to walk away, and guys like Jamir drive his price down, we will be the last viable option.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just that as other teams continue to walk away, and guys like Jamir drive his price down, we will be the last viable option.
Cool. Thanx. Except that the injury stuff is a bit troubling.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Cool. Thanx. Except that the injury stuff is a bit troubling.

Jeff thats nothing we didnt know already. We all knew of his injury history yet we still wanted him.

I dont see it as any more toubling than it was 3 weeks ago!

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I read the following on Holliday in an article today:

The Arizona Cardinals reportedly have offered former Green Bay Packers defensive end Vonnie Holliday a significant financial offer with a $4 million signing bonus, but Holliday doesn't seem too interested in playing for the Cardinals.

"We want Vonnie Holliday," Cardinals coach Dave McGinnis said. "But we will still somewhere in the draft focus on people to rush the passer. I think Vonnie would upgrade our defense, but that would no way preclude us from getting a pass rusher."

Holliday has visited the Seattle Seahawks and has a tentative visit planned for Kansas City. It's very possible he's waiting to see where Packers restricted free agent Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila winds up before making a decision.

If "KGB" leaves Green Bay, Holliday might be able to come back. If "KGB" turns down a Philadelphia offer, the Eagles might have an interest in him.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If "KGB" turns down a Philadelphia offer, the Eagles might have an interest in him.
Something is just not right here :confused:

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Something is just not right here :confused:

"him" refers to Holliday from the previous sentence. The Eagles might have an interest in Holliday if they can't get KGB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn