Post your win now trade.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sarver's recent comments about the rebuild being over makes me think that he may try to make sure big trade to put us in playoff contention. Good or bad, I thought it would be interesting to speculate.

Here is my entry:
Chandler, Warren, Arthur, and a pick to the Pistons for Blake Griffin and Ish Smith.

You must be registered for see images attach

This trade would be predicated on the Pistons wanting to shed Griffin's massive contract.

Griffin would fill the hole at power forward and would seemingly pair nicely with Ayton in the front court. We'd instantly have one of the most dynamic front courts in the league which would take a lot of pressure off of Booker.

Ish would provide a capable stop gap at point guard for the year remaining on his contract. He can distribute, slash, and hit the open shot.

Our starting lineup would be Smith, Booker, Ariza, Griffin, and Ayton with Jackson, Anderson, and Bridges being the main pieces off the bench.

Taking on Griffin and his huge contract would be a huge risk, but maybe we hope for a rebirth for him much like Chris Webber when he arrived in Sacramento.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warren, Chandler, Arthur, Bender, Harrison and a pick (not our own, unless it is lottery protected) for Kemba Walker, Marvin Williams and Bismack Biyombo.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking on Griffin and his huge contract would be a huge risk, but maybe we hope for a rebirth for him much like Chris Webber when he arrived in Sacramento.

What do you guys think?

Blake is talented but he is significantly overpaid and that's always a little scary. Griffin's injury history plus the fact he's 4 or 5 years older than Chris was when he joined the Kings suggests it might be overly hopeful to expect a Webber-like resurgence here. I think I'd pass

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I think James Jones was brought on board is to give the Suns a better chance at acquiring some of the better players in the league through trade or free agency.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Starting 5 becomes Ayton, Anderson, Butler, Booker, Jones.

Warren at 6th man.

We'd probably have to throw in a couple of first rounders as well.

I worry how Butler would fit in with such a young locker room but if Booker and Ayton want him, maybe it could work?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver's recent comments about the rebuild being over makes me think that he may try to make sure big trade to put us in playoff contention. Good or bad, I thought it would be interesting to speculate.

Here is my entry:
Chandler, Warren, Arthur, and a pick to the Pistons for Blake Griffin and Ish Smith.

This trade would be predicated on the Pistons wanting to shed Griffin's massive contract.

Griffin would fill the hole at power forward and would seemingly pair nicely with Ayton in the front court. We'd instantly have one of the most dynamic front courts in the league which would take a lot of pressure off of Booker.

Ish would provide a capable stop gap at point guard for the year remaining on his contract. He can distribute, slash, and hit the open shot.

Our starting lineup would be Smith, Booker, Ariza, Griffin, and Ayton with Jackson, Anderson, and Bridges being the main pieces off the bench.

What do you guys think?

holy F NO!

Griffin is an ATROCIOUS contract that wouldn't move the needle here all that much.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Starting 5 becomes Ayton, Anderson, Butler, Booker, Jones.

Warren at 6th man.

We'd probably have to throw in a couple of first rounders as well.

I like the thinking but after the season it would likely end up, Jackson for Tyus Jones. As such I wouldn't do the trade unless Butler's agent commits to the Suns.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy F NO!

Griffin is an ATROCIOUS contract that wouldn't move the needle here all that much.

Healthy I think he'd get us quite a bit closer to playoff contender but then we're locked into his huge contract and still not good enough to be more than a possible playoff team. At least not until Booker, Ayton and Bridges all hit their peaks which will be close to Griffin's likely retirement. I don't think it's the worst idea I've heard but it feels too much like settling, I'd like to think we lived through these bad years to have a chance to be more than just first round fodder.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worry how Butler would fit in with such a young locker room but if Booker and Ayton want him, maybe it could work?

Butler is a handful in a lot of ways but I think the book on him has always been that he's very loyal when he believes it's going both ways.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F it. Sign me up.

I don't like the BS he pulled in Chicago nor the way he's handling things in Minnesota. But things feel really desperate right now so maybe a desperate move is in order.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
holy F NO!

I understand the initial repulsion to the Griffin contract, but the proposed trade keeps our young core of Ayton, Booker, Jackson, and Bridges in tact. Yeah it blows up our cap and free agent dreams, but we have to be honest; no big free agents are coming here next summer or ever until we start winning.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I would make every effort to convince Durant to jump ship next summer. Meanwhile, I don't think I would be making major moves. I'd look around for a point guard, but that's about it.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blake is talented but he is significantly overpaid and that's always a little scary. Griffin's injury history plus the fact he's 4 or 5 years older than Chris was when he joined the Kings suggests it might be overly hopeful to expect a Webber-like resurgence here. I think I'd pass

Wow! I didn't realize Webber was still so young when the Bullets trade him to the Kings.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't realize Webber was still so young when the Bullets trade him to the Kings.

Yeah, I just looked it up in case I was misremembering. Looks like it was a 4 year difference, 25 to 29. And as I said, it's more worrisome because of Blake's medical past.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Everything not named Booker or Ayton for Lillard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

That's where I am. Jackson, Warren, Arthur, Okobo, and two firsts for Lillard. That's a lot to give up, but probably what it would take to get Portland to listen.

Ayton
Anderson
Ariza
Booker
Lillard

bench rotation: Bridges, Holmes, Daniels, Bender, Canaan, Crawford (lol)

Probably good for 50-52 wins.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any win now trade has to be about Jimmy Butler. He is the biggest short term difference maker available.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS......But be prepared, there is zero chance Lillard is traded to the suns without overpaying in a big way.

We are totally in need, fired our GM for failing to land a PG and we have a number of redundant assets. Lillard would almost certainly represent the missing piece. If your dying of thirst at the ballpark does it really matter if a beer cost $9.00 or $6.00.

JJ or Bridges and both picks would be gone for starters. IMO, the last thing we need right now is two more draft picks. We have everything we need from the draft, time to lay it on the line.

Lets say we swap JJ and Melton from this years roster and add Lillard. What would that do to our expected win total for next season?

Lillard, Ayton and Booker!!!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Jimmy Butler is intent on Miami or New York or whatever his trade list was, I worry that we would merely inherit Minnesota's problem.

I also think Blake's contract is a disaster. He's devolved big time. He's still one of the better passing bigs, but his days of being a plus rebounder and monster attacking the rim appear to be well behind him.

If we HAD to go all in... I think I agree with Lillard. Lillard or Wall. I think I'd probably take Wall if the cost was equal.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Jimmy Butler is intent on Miami or New York or whatever his trade list was, I worry that we would merely inherit Minnesota's problem.

I also think Blake's contract is a disaster. He's devolved big time. He's still one of the better passing bigs, but his days of being a plus rebounder and monster attacking the rim appear to be well behind him.

If we HAD to go all in... I think I agree with Lillard. Lillard or Wall. I think I'd probably take Wall if the cost was equal.

Wall terrifies me. They're basically the same age, but Lillard has elite skills while Wall is so dependent upon his otherworldly athleticism. That Supermax goes until 2023, and I have a bad feeling Wall's game won't age well. Isn't he in some ways the point guard version of Blake Griffin, except the decline hasn't happened yet?

Lillard's going to cost a fortune come 2021, but I think I'd rather gamble on a 36-year-old Lillard in 2026 than a 33-year-old Wall in 2023. And I'm concerned that while Lillard had the Blazers at #3 in the West, Wall could barely get the Wizards into the playoffs in the East...and they at times played better without him.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it's not an attractive trade as far as star power but I would offer Warren, the Bucks pick, Chandler, and Daniels for Rubio and Crowder. Hope Rubio can have an impact like he did in Utah last year. With a PG like Rubio that can defend, hit 3's, and find people in position to score plus run Kokoskov's system to a T and won't fall behind much, if at all, because he missed training camp we might be a playoff team. Of course it relies on Rubio being who he was in Utah last year but I think he can do that. Crowder is the closest thing to a bad contract Utah has right now, with 2 years and $15 million split between them. Warren fills Crowder's role in Utah, Chandler is expiring and so is Daniels. That gives them some cap space. Mitchell can take over as their PG unless Exum can stay healthy. I would swap Warren with Jackson if needed but that's only if Rubio is willing to sign an extension here. It's a gamble, for sure, but if it works I think we're a playoff team.