Post your Cardinals converts stories

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
With a magical playoff and superbowl run, we are getting a lot of attention around the nation and I have personally started to notice a lot of people starting to like and support Cardinals.

Here are my three very personal experiences:

1) My son's 3rd grade teacher had a discussion on superbowl after it was over and my son told me majority of the kids in the class and the teacher were rooting for Cardinals!

2) My friend's 12 year old plays middle school football and when asked about the Cardinals before the playoffs, replied they are just a bad team. What happenned after the superbowl? I asked him if he was rooting for the Steelers and he told me emphatically that he was supporting the Cardinals.

...and the most important of all...

3) My wife is now a Cardinals fan!!!! She had zero knowledge of football and always hated Sundays during the football season because i will be busy will football. The only attachment she had was she used to pray Cardinals would win otherwise I'd be in a crappy mood. Well... she watched division game, NFC championship game, and superbowl and was so into it, screaming and highfiving with me and kids!! She told me she would like watch regular season games as well next year.

Folks, that's what winning does! I really hope we don't eff it up with the offseason challenges after building so much steam! Keep the core, get some quality FA's, have another great draft, and get the right assistent coaches. We must repeat going deep into playoffs if we want to show we were not a one year wonder.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
My wife is now a fan. It's all I talk about, so she hated the Cards and swore she'd never be a fan of football. Now she has a Leinart jersey and talks about DRC like he's her second cousin. My dad, brother, sister and step mom were all fans for a few weeks, but we will see if any of them stick.

Cardiholic

Registered
Reaction score
I had a Superbowl party with about 25 people. I live in Pennsylvania so there are many Eagles and steeler fans. There was only one person cheering on the Steelers during the game. Even though everyone at the party lives in Pa, I think the whole underdog thing, Warner being a nice guy, Fitz's passion for the game, exciting playoffs, etc. just made everyone here Cardinal fan ! I'll bet some of them will support the Cards from here on out.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Knew a dude,when i wore a younger mans clothes, lol, nah about 3 years ago. BIG Squeeler fan. Won a six pack off of me when we played them. Ran into him just before leaving for Tampa. Seems since Whiz and Grimm came over, so did he, he knew I'd been in it from the gate and was all jacked up I was going. said he wouldn't root for anyone but the Cards now. Shoot, we used to bump alot of weight in the gym together and in all that time, I never thought I'd hear him turn on "Pigsburgh" that way. But, the boy was wearing RED!

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I I think the whole underdog thing, Warner being a nice guy, Fitz's passion for the game, exciting playoffs, etc. just made everyone here Cardinal fan .
That too... And we just played lights out in playoffs and superbowl. It was as good as it could get from any team... in fact, better in some areas.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I was at Trader Joe's the other day. This lady stopped me to ask me where I got that great (Cardinals) sweatshirt.

I told her "oh, it's so old I don't remember where." She said, "of course ... now we can't find any."

Never had anyone asked me that before. :p

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a diehard Cowboy fan had indoctrinated his 10 year old son in all ways of the 'pukes.
He told me his son became a Cards fan during the playoffs, Fitz is his favorite player now and he cried and cried when the Cards lost.

Think I'll pick the little guy up a Fitz jersey for his upcoming bday.