Post Quotes of Disrespect

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
jesus, I'm usually one to bang on our own fans for getting uppidy about a "lack of respect" from ESPN, but good god... I just got done watching NFL LIVE and it seems like they're snickering every time they even say our name.

If they hate us now for ruining the NFC TITLE GAME, I can't wait to see how much they hate us... WHEN WE RUIN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!

Honestly, any time you want to get riled up, or the players need an extra little shove, just turn on ESPN... chances are more likely than not that they're laughing at all of us - fans, players, stadium... whatever. If it's Cardinals, it's a joke... and that's fine with me because I'm gonna be laughing my ass off ALL THE WAY TO TAMPA BAY!

It's like Revenge of the Nerds! Let's go Tri-Lamb!

SightsSoundsBach13

Registered
Reaction score
Lies: Hub Arkush, 670 The Score a Bears homer says "you can tell from the sideline that this is an inexperienced staff because of what they let their players (pull)."
"I have never seen a team as questionable as them get so far and
"they are a fluke" (*cough* Rex *cough* Berrian *cough* Kyle).

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Bill simmons is a major league, boston loving, douchebag. FFS, I've seen funnier stuff from JTS on this board than the crap BS drolls out.

I emailed him and BEGGED him not to pick the Cards this week because his logic is for ish.

He actually makes reference to this in his podcast.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"In the red corner, we have the champions of the Triple A NFC West, Arizona Cardinals."--http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28609389/
How come the 8-8 Chargers are world beater's and the Cardinals are a minor league football team?

NFC Playoff Preview on ESPN with Floyd Reese: "Cardinals are more one dimensional"--last time I checked the Cards have a running game in the playoffs and the Eagles don't.
Surprise, Surprise another ESPN talking head taking Philly

" Based on the Eagles win over NFC Conference winners the New York Giants Sunday expect the Eagles offense to be more productive than Arizona based on the defenses the two teams sport.....Although there is a chance for a repeat of the Arizona-Carolina match and an Arizona win, the Philadelphia Eagles represent the best of what is left of the NFC in this year's playoffs and expect them to win the fifth NFC Championship Reid and McNabb have been a part of together."---http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1381587/afc_and_nfc_championship_game_previews.html?page=2&cat=14

Then there is this little gem of a forum:
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/fanfe...eedback&season=2008&week=POST20&override=true

Quotes from forum:

"eagles 76 cards 17"
"i bet eagles score atleast 50"
"who is breaston? exactly. and at his position he is better than boldin and fitz. he is top 3 CB in the league. and it doesnt matter how good they are eli is a good QB but when you get pressured your like a lil kid at throwin and thats what warner will get."--Whatever the hell that means???
"and D-Jack will juke the hel* out of DRC"
"thats alright even if there wont be that many philly fans there. the "red sea" will be pretty quiet and calm cuz eagles are gonna stomp all over the cards"

and finally:

"Let's just hope it doesn't go into overtime: McNabb might decide to play for a tie."--Not disrespectful to us but funny as hell----http://bleacherreport.com/articles/110309-battle-of-the-birds-nfc-championship-preview/page/2

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He actually makes reference to this in his podcast.

Jesus Christ, I can hardly listen to this garbage man...holy crap Simmons' voice is the biggest helium hit from a douchebag I've ever heard.

Idiot pronounced Edge's name Edgar-in James. Then said we quadruple teamed Steve Smith. For a guy who ******* about the games, maybe he should actually WATCH the effing games.

And I caught the reference, and apparently Eagle fans are begging him to pick against them too. What a freaking idiot.

And now he's dissing John Adams...one of the best freaking mini-series I ever watched.

Holy hell, abomb, why the hell do you swing from this dork's nuts so hard? I might have to break up with you.

Bill and Sal make my ears bleed.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
how about when Donovan mocked the SI cover that Baltimore, Cardinals and Eagles made in the last round. Each team had why the ____ are dangerous.

In a press conference they asked him about the cover and he responded that they made the same thing for the cardinals, and everyone laughed, while he was saying that it meant nothing.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
So, Atlanta and Carolina aren't "anyone good?" Weren't a lot of these douches predicting the Panthers in the Super Bowl?

Ooooookaaaaaay....
There's a reason its called, "The BS Report."

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Here is my Email to that Douch Bill Simmons:

From that Podcast:

"Everyone is talking about the Cardinals running the ball. Who cares? They are running for 3 yds a carry"
"Larry Fitzgerald is the ONLY player that can hurt you".
"Make it like BCS. If the Cardinals lose by 40 points to the Patriots they shouldn't be considered for the Playoffs".
"Now we don't have a good final four".
"The Cardinals didn't beat anyone good".
"(PHI vs ARI) is a crappy championship game"

These are all of your blustering comments from your podcast tha truly prove why you are a foolish pundit rather than playing on the field yourself.

I now realize why it is called "The BS Report." As if you don't already look foolish for your complete failure of a prediction of the Cards vs. Panthers game?

In your biased world the Cardinals winning the superbowl will never be good enough because that would leave you without something to bash.

I guess out performing your precious east coast teams in the playoffs is too much to handle.

Get over it and release your Patriot teet sucking lips for just five minutes you hack. They were in a different conference and were not good enough to make the playoffs in that league.

So the Cards played like crap after they wrapped up the division so soon. Big Deal?
Now you bitter pundits can't handle how stupid the team has made you look and are clinging to every last sterotype of a team that has clearly turned the corner in a desperate attempt to save your quickly disintergrating credibility.

SO while you and 99% of your ESPN morons smirk at the mention of the Cards in the NFC Championship game; just know that the team and their loyaly fans will be laughing all the way to a superbowl perfomance.

Keep up the good work Nostradamus.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jesus Christ, I can hardly listen to this garbage man...holy crap Simmons' voice is the biggest helium hit from a douchebag I've ever heard.

Idiot pronounced Edge's name Edgar-in James. Then said we quadruple teamed Steve Smith. For a guy who ******* about the games, maybe he should actually WATCH the effing games.

And I caught the reference, and apparently Eagle fans are begging him to pick against them too. What a freaking idiot.

And now he's dissing John Adams...one of the best freaking mini-series I ever watched.

Holy hell, abomb, why the hell do you swing from this dork's nuts so hard? I might have to break up with you.

Bill and Sal make my ears bleed.

I gotta admit I like some of Simmons' takes but that podcast was pretty bad. I like how he thinks there is something flawed with the NFL because he can't correctly predict who is going to win. Was there something wrong with it when the Pats one their first SB? I seem to recall them being double digit underdogs to the Rams. They should just hand the trophy to the team with the highest Madden ranking and save everyones time I guess.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
From USA Today
Not your traditional Super Bowl contender, the Cardinals ranked second overall in passing and dead-last in rushing. The overlooked, veteran line (Mike Gandy, Reggie Wells, Lyle Sendlein, Deuce Lutui and Lomas Brown) has teamed with fresh-legged Edgerrin James to find the Cards' running game in the playoffs.

I guess he came back to be the only player to play on both playoff teams :D

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-09-nfc-championship-matchup.htm

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From USA Today

I guess he came back to be the only player to play on both playoff teams :D

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2008-09-nfc-championship-matchup.htm

I LOVE Lomas Brown...wish he were here in his prime. One of the greatest men I've ever met...no crap. The guy was a gentle giant...seriously a wonderful person and a very good football player. Mean on the field, angel off of it.

I remember some conversations I had with Lomas when i worked Cards Crew in the late 90s in Flag...just a great, great guy.

Enough gushing about Lomas...I wonder what he's up to these days...

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
The latest group of bandwagon-jumpers is in Arizona

Yahoo.com
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/The-latest-group-of-bandwagon-jumpers-is-in-Ariz?urn=nfl,134260

There is no doubt fans of the Philadelphia Eagles expected to be playing in Carolina this weekend and not Arizona, wrote the Philadelphia Inquirer. This has to come as a serious surprise to Arizona Cardinals fans, too. All seven of them probably were planning on playing a little golf come Sunday.

What? You think seven misrepresents the loyal Arizona backers out there? Maybe you're right. That number is probably too high.

Even more impressive: The good citizens of Arizona managed to jam everyone onto the bandwagon without violating any fire codes.

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9074810/Cheat-Sheet:-Picking-the-best-Super-Bowl-matchups

Jim Johnson's D gets the edge over Todd Haley's O, and Donovan gets the best of Mr. Warner. It's a close one, but the Eagles prevail in the desert.

He also said the any Super Bowl with the Cards (of the 4 teams left) in it would be worse than any other combo with the Eagles in it.
How is that disrespectful? He is making a prediction. And as far as the SB comment goes, he's probably basing that on ratings. And yes, the Eagles would draw higher ratings than the Cardinals.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think ratings are much of an issue when talking about the Super Bowl.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
No, but some teams certainly bring better ratings than others. Eagles-Steelers would get much better ratings than Cardinals-Ravens, for example.

I highly doubt outside of your state people would agree.

Us making the Super Bowl would be a huge story, mainly because of Kurt Warner.

I think the ratings would surprise a lot of people.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
No, but some teams certainly bring better ratings than others. Eagles-Steelers would get much better ratings than Cardinals-Ravens, for example.

That was a great theory in all until SF/ARI on MNF got a big rating.

Honestly, are Eagles fans so self important that they think any Superbowl with them in it = ratings?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

even as a Cardinals fan I can say that ANY of the possible matchups between any of the four teams is going to bring viewers to this game. There's not a sexy team amongst the bunch. People don't want to watch D (which is basically all the Steelers, Philly and Baltimore has), Pitt, Philly and Batlimore ain't exactly major markets (see the World Series and it's lowest ratings EVER... or Baltimore last Super Bowl... and it's lowest ratings ever... despite having a team from NY in it... and see Pittsburg's Super Bowl v. Seattle which did weak ratings) and the overwhleming majority of America couldn't give two ***** about the Cardinals. And before anyone says "the Cinderella" factor would bring people to watch if the Cards were in it, hogwash. Cinderella's a great story AFTER THE FACT but very few actually tune in to watch it live.

bottom line, this Super Bowl is gonna have a hard time garnering ratings no matters who's in it, but ultimately, I could care less if ANYONE outside of Raymond James Stadium watched it as long as I'm inside to watch the Cardinals take the field.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pretty much any football fan will watch the SB. Then you have all the people who don't even normally watch football who watch the SB as a social event. For both these groups of people the teams competing isn't real relevant.

The only people who wouldn't watch the Cards in the SB are Eagles fans who only watch Eagles games. I seriously doubt this group of people not watching would have a significant impact on the ratings.