Post Draft Roster Threat

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, of course there's no way to know what's going on behind the scenes. If one of the vets becomes a problem or can't accept a role (Knight) then making a change sooner rather than later might be the best option.

Having a bunch of good players and no great ones can be a problem. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Maybe Booker can come in and firmly outperform Knight in camp and clearly define the pecking order.

Let's hope so as I can see some real chemistry issues if Booker is the same player he was last season and he starts over a healthy Knight anyway. I love Booker and I wish we were in a place where we could just start him every game and live with the consequences but that's probably not where we are.

We're going to try and win games and make the playoffs and if we don't start the optimum lineup, that's just asking for trouble. Actually, what I really hope will happen is that a fully healthy Knight will start, play well while Booker continues to close the gap on him, and then we move Brandon at the trade deadline. If Knight is clearly the better starter right now and we don't start him, look for problems from him and perhaps Chandler too.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is scary. I think I've posted three times on this section in the last month and twice I've agreed with Slin.

Let the damn young guys play and develop! Horford?! Durant?! Are you guys drinking drano?

I agree too. Not really that interested in doing much in free agency unless we nab a superstar (which is not happening). Maybe we sign Mirza and then just roll with what we have. I would find the developing youngsters more exciting to watch--even if the playoffs are not in view--than a bunch of middling vets push for the 7-8 seed.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree too. Not really that interested in doing much in free agency unless we nab a superstar (which is not happening). Maybe we sign Mirza and then just roll with what we have. I would find the developing youngsters more exciting to watch--even if the playoffs are not in view--than a bunch of middling vets push for the 7-8 seed.

Agree. That would make no sense unless it's a Superstar. Although I could see them bringing in a vet PF from a teaching perspective.

Either way this is a very cool time to see the youngsters get experience.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let's hope so as I can see some real chemistry issues if Booker is the same player he was last season and he starts over a healthy Knight anyway. I love Booker and I wish we were in a place where we could just start him every game and live with the consequences but that's probably not where we are.

We're going to try and win games and make the playoffs and if we don't start the optimum lineup, that's just asking for trouble. Actually, what I really hope will happen is that a fully healthy Knight will start, play well while Booker continues to close the gap on him, and then we move Brandon at the trade deadline. If Knight is clearly the better starter right now and we don't start him, look for problems from him and perhaps Chandler too.
I don't think Chandler will be upset one bit if Booker starts over Knight. I've watched all the Booker/Chandler rookie-vet series clips and I think Booker may actually be Chandler's favorite player on the team.

Booker actually did a better job of finding Chandler on lobs and such than Knight did this past season as well.

Knight may cry and whine but that does not matter...he still thinks he's a "pure PG" so that should show you how much his opinion matters. Devin Booker should be penciled as starting SG from day 1. Its a joke if they even consider Knight over him imo and no I do not care one bit if its a ploy to showcase Knight and improve his trade value or whatever. Suns seem to try and do that too much, its time to just let the better players start and the others come off the bench.

Booker is the franchise player on this team. He starts.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Chandler will be upset one bit if Booker starts over Knight. I've watched all the Booker/Chandler rookie-vet series clips and I think Booker may actually be Chandler's favorite player on the team.

Booker actually did a better job of finding Chandler on lobs and such than Knight did this past season as well.

Knight may cry and whine but that does not matter...he still thinks he's a "pure PG" so that should show you how much his opinion matters. Devin Booker should be penciled as starting SG from day 1. Its a joke if they even consider Knight over him imo and no I do not care one bit if its a ploy to showcase Knight and improve his trade value or whatever. Suns seem to try and do that too much, its time to just let the better players start and the others come off the bench.

Booker is the franchise player on this team. He starts.

If Booker is the better player or if his starting doesn't weaken our team, you're correct, Chandler will be nothing but supportive. But vets hate it when a younger one starts over a clearly superior player. My point was based on IF Knight is the better option.

And Booker is nowhere near a franchise player. Yet. The only reason he logged all those minutes was due to a lack of options brought on by multiple injuries. His play was strong at times for a rookie and he showed incredible potential but he's a long way from being a franchise player.

He is, however, the face of our franchise and I'm sure we're going to want to give him as much exposure as possible. But don't be surprised if he's getting somewhere around 24 minutes a game.

raptor100

Rookie
Reaction score
If Booker is the better player or if his starting doesn't weaken our team, you're correct, Chandler will be nothing but supportive. But vets hate it when a younger one starts over a clearly superior player. My point was based on IF Knight is the better option.

And Booker is nowhere near a franchise player. Yet. The only reason he logged all those minutes was due to a lack of options brought on by multiple injuries. His play was strong at times for a rookie and he showed incredible potential but he's a long way from being a franchise player.

He is, however, the face of our franchise and I'm sure we're going to want to give him as much exposure as possible. But don't be surprised if he's getting somewhere around 24 minutes a game.
I think Leuer had a solid season for the Suns and is underrated. I dont know how much he will fetch in FA but if it is a,reasonable amount I think the Suns should resign him.

I also like Telly but I think he may get a hefty hike in salary which the Suns would not compete with. Out of both I do think that Telly's ability to hit 3's would get the nod over Leuer.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Leuer had a solid season for the Suns and is underrated. I dont know how much he will fetch in FA but if it is a,reasonable amount I think the Suns should resign him.

I also like Telly but I think he may get a hefty hike in salary which the Suns would not compete with. Out of both I do think that Telly's ability to hit 3's would get the nod over Leuer.

From the comments made (by Gambo and others), the Teletovic route seems almost a given. He wants to be here, he's a solid veteran and seems to relate well with our team and I don't think he has unreasonable expectations. I think the fly in the ointment might be when someone decides to send big money his way as I can't see us doing the same. At that point Leuer might be the choice assuming he's still available. I'd be fine with either but IMO Teletovic is the better asset.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From the comments made (by Gambo and others), the Teletovic route seems almost a given. He wants to be here, he's a solid veteran and seems to relate well with our team and I don't think he has unreasonable expectations. I think the fly in the ointment might be when someone decides to send big money his way as I can't see us doing the same. At that point Leuer might be the choice assuming he's still available. I'd be fine with either but IMO Teletovic is the better asset.

I think Tele has told the Suns that he really wants to come back. McD has said as much. Leuer's body language toward the end of the years seemed to indicate he was ready to move on. That might be the deciding factor.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I previously thought the Suns would sign the most reasonable of the two (Leuer or Teletovic) but I like Mirza the most. I liked him when he played for the Nets and like him even more playing for the Suns. This is nothing against Leuer who I think is a solid player.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I previously thought the Suns would sign the most reasonable of the two (Leuer or Teletovic) but I like Mirza the most. I liked him when he played for the Nets and like him even more playing for the Suns. This is nothing against Leuer who I think is a solid player.

Mirza just is a more aggressive player and has more of a presence on the court. Leuer's overall skill set is a little better I think.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leuer just struggled though so many injuries all season long that we never really got to see him at his best. But I wonder if that isn't the cross Leuer has had to bear all career, just can't stay healthy and perhaps can't function through pain.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Eric Bledsoe setting up team workouts in San Diego...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bledsoe
Brandon Knight
Dragan Bender
Marqueese Chriss
Alan Williams
Devin Booker
Tyler Ulis

There are 2 other people in that picture, not sure if they are other players.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
this is scary. I think I've posted three times on this section in the last month and twice I've agreed with Slin.

Let the damn young guys play and develop! Horford?! Durant?! Are you guys drinking drano?

It won't happen, but are you saying you would be against signing Kevin Durant IF in some bizarro world he had interest here?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't happen, but are you saying you would be against signing Kevin Durant IF in some bizarro world he had interest here?

Yeah that's just insane. Nobody passes up on getting a future HOF level guy. Nobody.

Fenkin

Reaction score
We need to trade Bledsoe. I think he gonna fail this year and absolutely I don't trust him.

Knight - Ulis
Booker - Goodwin
"Trade" - Warren
Bender - Chriss
Len - Chandler

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We need to trade Bledsoe. I think he gonna fail this year and absolutely I don't trust him.

Knight - Ulis
Booker - Goodwin
"Trade" - Warren
Bender - Chriss
Len - Chandler
What is your reasoning of trading Bledsoe over Knight? Because honestly, you represent probably the bottom 1% with that opinion.