ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to see some grades charts from previous seasons
Then I will put my grades about all these draft experts

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Are they including Rodney Hudson and Rashard Lawrence in their grades? With those two included, it should be a solid B, if not a B+.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
That chart has to exist for the past few years. Anyone have it?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you include Hudson, it is an A. I am sure it was not done.

You can't, because Hudson wasn't drafted. We had to waste draft capital to firm up a position that Keim had let go to ruination. You can certainly view it as a good trade--I believe it was a great trade--but it also depleted our draft capital and doesn't make Keim's DRAFT better.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can't, because Hudson wasn't drafted. We had to waste draft capital to firm up a position that Keim had let go to ruination. You can certainly view it as a good trade--I believe it was a great trade--but it also depleted our draft capital and doesn't make Keim's DRAFT better.

Assets are there to be used.

I missed a 3rd rd pick and then thought of Hudson in pass protect and punching holes for Conner et al.

I missed a 4th rd pick until I thought of Dhop and then the trade-up for next year's fourth for a potential starting CB.

And KEIM didn't neglect the centre position: Shipley, Cole, Gaillard - but we can all be dissatisfied with the result.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's why draft grades are really quite silly. The only certain use of our draft capital is the all pro center. Everything else is just self affirming bias.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Assets are there to be used.

I missed a 3rd rd pick and then thought of Hudson in pass protect and punching holes for Conner et al.

I missed a 4th rd pick until I thought of Dhop and then the trade-up for next year's fourth for a potential starting CB.

And KEIM didn't neglect the centre position: Shipley, Cole, Gaillard - but we can all be dissatisfied with the result.

Absolutely, and I'm glad he used a 3rd on Hudson. It doesn't improve the DRAFT class, however, which is what grading is being discussed.

Keim neglected the position by producing a bad result, the same as he did with the WR position.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
It’s a bit like judging a college freshman based on their grades in high school. Sure there are still grades, but there’s also, you know, other stuff.

That was doomed from the beginning but I felt compelled to keep typing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you include Hudson, it is an A. I am sure it was not done.
I’m stoked for Hudson, but if we’re including him in the grade don’t we need to take his age into consideration for the pick? For instance, people were asking if posters wanted a pro bowl rb for 4 or 5 years bc they wouldn’t be signed to a second contract. So shouldn’t Hudson be counted as using the picks we sent for a pro bowl center for 3-4 years? At 32 he can’t have a ton of pro bowl seasons left in him, right?

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
I’m stoked for Hudson, but if we’re including him in the grade don’t we need to take his age into consideration for the pick? For instance, people were asking if posters wanted a pro bowl rb for 4 or 5 years bc they wouldn’t be signed to a second contract. So shouldn’t Hudson be counted as using the picks we sent for a pro bowl center for 3-4 years? At 32 he can’t have a ton of pro bowl seasons left in him, right?

True. On the other hand, the average player retention correlates strongly with the round a player was drafted in.

A first rounder has a far longer NFL career on average than the average third rounder.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True. On the other hand, the average player retention correlates strongly with the round a player was drafted in.

A first rounder has a far longer NFL career on average than the average third rounder.
Absolutely.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mike Clays roster evaluation for 2021. Stout and Solaar will feel confirmed that our RB room is weak (fourth worst according to Mike Clay), others feel confirmed because according to his evaluation RB only has 3% influence on his total roster evaluation.

Surprising: Other positions groups which are evaluated as very weak for the Cardinals are CB (10% influence on total roster) and TE (5%). ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose