Pollard Breaks in His Rookies

Jim O

Reaction score
Pollard Breaks in His Rookies
by Chrissy Mauck
azcardinals.com

You must be registered for see images

Since Deek Pollard took over as defensive line coach for the Cardinals, things have been a bit different on the southwest corner of field three where Pollard works with his players. The 64-year old and 39-year coaching vet thinks nothing of getting in the face of players at least a foot taller than him who probably also outweigh him by 150 pounds. Head Coach Dennis Green likens Pollard to a stern grandfather who isn’t afraid to tell it like it is.

If you’re standing within range during his individual drills, you’ll be likely to hear Pollard address the defensive line, “Now son, listen up because I’m going to help you. You hear me? I’m trying to help you.” Of course, this is a relatively soft intro to a likely tongue thrashing.

Read More...

Deek Pollard Instructs rookie defensive linemen Darnell Dockett and Antonio Smith

OP
OP
Jim O

Jim O

Reaction score

This smiley is reserved for Coach Deek!

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen people, Chrissy Mauck works for the Cardinals and doesn't have the freedom we do on ASFN to criticize. Nevertheless, her aticles are becoming more "cutting edge", more "relevant".

She does this while still keeping good relationships with the the players. It's a tough juggling act.

We are cordial but I don't "schmooze" with her. If you like her newer stuff, get her e-mail and thank her. She's making a special effort and all of us appreciate recognition.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
red desert said:
Dockett may just be the real deal.
He's lucky they drafted another DL player or Deek would be focusing completely on him. :hammer:

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Great article! I was most impressed with the Dline coaching that I saw at the Fan Fest, and everything I keep hearing about this coach I love. He is going teach these guys to be touch and technically sound. No more underachievers in the starting line-up. I am willing to bet he isnt afraid to have coach green bench someone if they play sloppy during a game, and give one of the backups a chance to play.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
:confused:

What kind of techniques is he teaching.
Well with only 2 guys to teach he's moving onto what to do on dates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard