POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s what I think. If the Cards were to trade down and pick up two first rounds they could give the Saints the lower one.
I wonder if the Saints would take a conditional 1st pick after Payton is signed.
They should not give any first rounder regardless of where it’s at. lol why are you guys not getting this?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should not give any first rounder regardless of where it’s at. lol why are you guys not getting this?
Sorry DVontel. Didn’t realize your word was the gospel. Nobody wants to give up anything but it’s going to take something IF IF you want Payton.
Maybe we should just call Kingsbury back at tell him we made a mistake.

Why are you not getting this is very condescending. Respect please.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
it would also be less of a problem if we had 60m in cap space.
So our hands are tied because we can’t sign quality free agents and now give up high draft picks?
Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Every coach understands you can’t free agency your way out of a quagmire in today’s NFL.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry DVontel. Didn’t realize your word was the gospel. Nobody wants to give up anything but it’s going to take something IF IF you want Payton.
Maybe we should just call Kingsbury back at tell him we made a mistake.

Why are you not getting this is very condescending. Respect please.
Okay.

- Mickey Loomis has made it known that he wants two first rounders in return. Twice already.

I repeat

Two. First. Rounders. In. Return.

I’m not why this Payton discussion is even still going on. I think it’s obvious Bidwill nor any other Owner/GM will fall into those demands.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Okay.

- Mickey Loomis has made it known that he wants two first rounders in return. Twice already.

I repeat

I’m not why this Payton discussion is even still going on. I think it’s obvious Bidwill nor any other Owner/GM will fall into those demands.
This may shock you, but people have made outrageous demands before and settled for far less.

Just because Loomis has said he wants two first rounds, doesn't mean that's what's going to happen!

That's why the Payton discussion is going on - coaches have been traded for picks before, and it's likely to happen again.

I'd bet a lot more on Loomis getting less than 2 first rounders than any other scenario. There just isn't enough interested buyers, and the Saints lose even more leverage by waiting.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This may shock you, but people have made outrageous demands before and settled for far less.
If he would have settled for far less, I believe Payton would have already been traded. You realize there’s a lot of petty people out there, right?

Reading your post, I’m willing to bet that you really believe Payton is still in play, huh?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay.

I repeat

It’s call negotiating. I understand that maybe you don’t understand.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s also called desperation & being naive on your part.
Okay DVontel, since you are the epitome of the definition of expert, who should the Cards hire as head coach. Put it out there.
Be prepared for poster to question “ What do you not understand?”

Come on big boy. Take a stand.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I still choose to believing that SP called Fangio and said to wait because the Saints and Cards are hammering out the details until both teams can agree on draft compensation. Hoping that is the case anyway. And remember, tomorrow is Wednesday....

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay DVontel, since you are the epitome of the definition of expert, who should the Cards hire as head coach. Put it out there.
Be prepared for poster to question “ What do you not understand?”

Come on big boy. Take a stand.
I never claimed to be an expert of anything. You’re just bored & probably threw your arms up in celebration after you posted this reply huh?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never claimed to be an expert of anything. You’re just bored & probably threw your arms up in celebration after you posted this reply huh?
No. You certainly post your opinions In a condescending way, questioning posters thoughts but don’t offer any of your own.
You failed to answer the key question. Who do you think the Cardinals should sign as their next head coach.

Don’t be afraid. We’ll be gentle. Time to put up or shut up.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Okay.

I repeat

On it's face, I don't disagree with your comment...I just think if the Cards were sitting with #27 and not #3, they would roll the dice with 2 late round 1sts. With Payton, they are probably not drafting high in 2024, regardless of the roster and they could possibly recoup enough day 2 picks for Hop (if he truly wants out) to get back into the late 1st. Even though the Broncos have a late 1st this year, from Miami, they gave up other draft picks for Wilson, so they'd really struggle, IMO, to meet the 2 1st demand.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with this statement. Pretty much every head coach trade wasn't worth it in the end.
Many think this. But we can do without “ won’t don’t you get” comments. We are all commenting on the situation and / or possible scenarios. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards bringing in other people suggests the price is too much to hire Payton. Which sucks. Might be the only opportunity we have for a very long time to get someone of his caliber.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On it's face, I don't disagree with your comment...I just think if the Cards were sitting with #27 and not #3, they would roll the dice with 2 late round 1sts. With Payton, they are probably not drafting high in 2024, regardless of the roster and they could possibly recoup enough day 2 picks for Hop (if he truly wants out) to get back into the late 1st. Even though the Broncos have a late 1st this year, from Miami, they gave up other draft picks for Wilson, so they'd really struggle, IMO, to meet the 2 1st demand.
My brother, as K9 mentioned earlier, if we were drafting at #27, Kliff Kingsbury would still be the HC.

We would be at #27 for a reason, lol.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. You certainly post your opinions In condescending way, questioning posters thought but don’t offer any of your own.
You failed to answer the key question. Who do you think the Cardinals should sign as their next head coach.

Don’t be afraid. We’ll be gentle. Time to put up or shut up.
You believe I post in a condescending way because I don’t post like I kiss ass. That’s really what it is.

I’m not required to answer your question because that wasn’t my point. You got your chest all out feeling good so continue to do you.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
My brother, as K9 mentioned earlier, if we were drafting at #27, Kliff Kingsbury would still be the HC.

We would be at #27 for a reason, lol.
well, or hypothetically they could have rights to the 27th pick due to a trade with a good team.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose