POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He brought him in as the starter during FA in 2005 after McCown flamed out in 2004. He started most of 2005, but was pretty bad then we drafted Leinart. But Warner stayed the starter in 2006 until Leinart eventually replaced him around Game 4 or 5 of his rookie season. 2007 was the year he started his incredible comeback when Wiz started rotating QBs in the middle of games and then totally took over after the collarbone injury.
I don’t remember it exactly, but I do remember them splitting a ton of time. I remember Bulger beating Kurt Warner at SDS when the rams played us, and I remember McCown playing in Mexico city. Looking it up, Warner played in 10 games and had 2700 yards, while McCown played in 9 games with 1100 yards.

What a terrible season :biglaugh:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How would that work? Payton becomes assistant president of football operations and head coach with Monti reporting to Payton?
I’m guessing that the two parties are dissecting varius aspects of the GM position with Sean getting charge of personnel and MI being responsible for nuts & bolts stuff like who will be the medics and who’ll handle PR. Areas still being hammerd out might include who runs the Draft, who sets up trades, who oversees salary structure etc. Figuring out, after the fact, what Sears’ new role will end up being might be a bit sticky.

This is new jurisdictional territory unexplored by most NFL teams, and ironing out all the minutia might take a bit more time.

Just an educated guess, but that’s what I think might be going down.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I don’t remember it exactly, but I do remember them splitting a ton of time. I remember Bulger beating Kurt Warner at SDS when the rams played us, and I remember McCown playing in Mexico city. Looking it up, Warner played in 10 games and had 2700 yards, while McCown played in 9 games with 1100 yards.

What a terrible season :biglaugh:
Damn, even then Kurt averaged 270 ypg, to Josh’s 120ish.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Imagine if that takes us to Monday. :cry: I need to sleep at some point... also pretty sure I am wearing out the refresh button
I'm hoping he announces it by Sunday. Monday is another day of torture. We are Cardinal fans, haven't we suffered enough?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m really excited because people keep claiming that all we have left is Flores or VJ if Payton doesn’t choose us.

Which is actually the furthest from the truth we still have that stellar DC Glenn from the Lions that we interviewed for head coach… I mean he coached like the 31st best defense in the league this year… Who wouldn’t want that?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m really excited because people keep claiming that all we have left is Flores or VJ if Payton doesn’t choose us.

Which is actually the furthest from the truth we still have that stellar DC Glenn from the Lions that we interviewed for head coach… I mean he coached like the 31st best defense in the league this year… Who wouldn’t want that?
The question should be, if it’s down to Glenn or VJ, who do you want?

I’ll take Eliro…lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The hopium is telling me that Payton and Bidwill are trying to lower the asking price from the Saints.
I don't believe this is the issue. The Saints leverage goes even lower if Payton goes back to the booth for a year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose