POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
THere was a tweet saying Payton had friction with denver and carolina regarding level of control.

Payton responded and said thats false and the owners were great.

May not be relevant to us but he may be trying to downplay the narrative that he wants full control
Nah, whatever the snag was at Mile High, Payton's interview did not go well because there was friction and Payton is just playing damage control by what was getting out. Only stating this because there was a response from a former player still close to the team unnamed and some other source close to the Broncos which again stated the interview did not go well after Payton made those tweets

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry so late guys but everything is still up in the air. The update is Payton wants total control of the GMs job building the team because he says he doesn’t know if he can have a winning record with some else controlling who puts the team together. That is what they are working on.
I hope that MB and MO have enough sense to make this work

Ceding a little control while he's a first time GM would be a good learning lesson for MO

Top coaches need input into the roster building

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just not sure if Payton wants to be a HC this year. Sure don't want Cards to hire VJ. That would be depressing.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay…listening to 98.7 I’m getting depressed.
If I hear Bidwill trying to sell us on Vance Joseph I’m going to puke.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Okay…listening to 98.7 I’m getting depressed.
If I hear Bidwill trying to sell us on Vance Joseph I’m going to puke.
Considering what was said here. With tweets saying Payton doesn't want to come back to FOX. And the hang up is control over personnel I want to remain positive that there is a high likely hood of Payton happening.